Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Tarssauce wrote:
July 7th, 2022, 11:59 pm
Given what we know about Oppenheimer it seems like it doesn't stand a chance but I'm sure the other films and studios are worried too. Like, it's ridiculous how crowded Summer 2023 is.

On one hand, Nolan and Universal wouldn't have picked that date if they weren't confident in what they had, on the other hand, I wouldn't mind a safer date. I it's too early to make a decision - waiting till marketing starts wouldn't hurt.
I think MI7 moved after
Then marvels moved as well.

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
July 8th, 2022, 5:25 pm
Tarssauce wrote:
Given what we know about Oppenheimer it seems like it doesn't stand a chance but I'm sure the other films and studios are worried too. Like, it's ridiculous how crowded Summer 2023 is.

On one hand, Nolan and Universal wouldn't have picked that date if they weren't confident in what they had, on the other hand, I wouldn't mind a safer date. I it's too early to make a decision - waiting till marketing starts wouldn't hurt.
I think MI7 moved after
And 'Barbie' got dated afterwards too.

Everyone cornering this film.

Didn’t mean they’re worried of Oppenheimer in particular. Worried in general as there’s absolutely no room for any of these movies to breathe. Plus, Marvel just switched two movies around anyway.

The thing is, they’re all different. Barbie is camp/comedy, the MCU is the MCU. M:I7 is an action epic and Oppenheimer is a biopic/thriller. Can’t say it’s safe but I’d be more worried if it was a comedy set against Barbie or an action thriller against Mission or Marvel.

it’s gonna be another great achievement if this film survives this mess.

Tarssauce wrote:
July 8th, 2022, 8:23 pm
Didn’t mean they’re worried of Oppenheimer in particular. Worried in general as there’s absolutely no room for any of these movies to breathe. Plus, Marvel just switched two movies around anyway.

The thing is, they’re all different. Barbie is camp/comedy, the MCU is the MCU. M:I7 is an action epic and Oppenheimer is a biopic/thriller. Can’t say it’s safe but I’d be more worried if it was a comedy set against Barbie or an action thriller against Mission or Marvel.

it’s gonna be another great achievement if this film survives this mess.
I don't think a lot of movies in the summer constitutes a mess. There's plenty of movies close together, but I don't get the sense these dates have just been picked randomly with no regard for logic nor that the films are just being dumped. Maybe I object to the term "Mess" because it's a big word and often used in unfitting situations. I mean a lot of packed film summers have come and gone for decades, this is just following the trend, plus given how it's still a year away these dates can obviously be moved around (which is what's being speculated upon).

It is only mess since Nolan pushes IMAX and PLF. Oppenheimer will only get about a week in those.

Don't take everything so literally. Let's go with the word tricky instead.

Looking at July 2017, it was a stacked month as well:

Spiderman: Homecoming - July 7
Planet of the Apes - July 14
Dunkirk & Valerian - July 21
Atomic Blonde - July 28
The Emoji Movie - July 28

In Bahrain at least, Wonder Woman stayed in IMAX till July 28 (when Dunkirk was released here) and Dunkirk stayed in IMAX until late August. It also shared the IMAX screen with Valerian when it came out locally.

Untold millions will see how it unfolds next year. Until then, our best guesses are just that.

EOLB wrote:
July 8th, 2022, 5:31 pm
Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
July 8th, 2022, 5:25 pm
Tarssauce wrote:

I think MI7 moved after
And 'Barbie' got dated afterwards too.

Everyone cornering this film.
Because they perceive it as weak.

If Oppenheimer is "only" a straight forward biopic and nothing experimental crowdpleasing movie (like Dunkirk), the current release date is box office suicide. Lets wait for the first teaser. Then we will know a bit more whats ahead of us.

Forum Pro
Law