Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Nothing official for the moment, but the expectation is clearly there, it seems that we could have it sooner than we hoped, it would be incredible, the excitement is there!! :gonf: :gonf: :gonf:

I forgot or overlooked just how stacked the whole entire summer season is in 2023. It's more than just Barbie or Mission Impossible 7. I'm afraid Oppenheimer is going to get lost in the glut of all these massive blockbusters week after week...best hope is it will be good counterprogramming for people who want something more serious and adult-oriented after all these huge fx action movies?
=""

Ace

is it gone?

Ace
Yeah it’s deleted.

what the heck

radewart wrote:
July 4th, 2022, 9:39 pm
I forgot or overlooked just how stacked the whole entire summer season is in 2023. It's more than just Barbie or Mission Impossible 7. I'm afraid Oppenheimer is going to get lost in the glut of all these massive blockbusters week after week...best hope is it will be good counterprogramming for people who want something more serious and adult-oriented after all these huge fx action movies?
=""
if nolan let go of his hubris for a minute he'd back off and just take dune's old date in october, it's going to get crushed. and crucially, both M:I7 and oppenheimer will only get a week on premium screens as-is. it'll be a bloodbath.

I don't know if that deal he signed with Universal will allow him move the date around.

Given what we know about Oppenheimer it seems like it doesn't stand a chance but I'm sure the other films and studios are worried too. Like, it's ridiculous how crowded Summer 2023 is.

On one hand, Nolan and Universal wouldn't have picked that date if they weren't confident in what they had, on the other hand, I wouldn't mind a safer date. I it's too early to make a decision - waiting till marketing starts wouldn't hurt.

They're never going to make Oppenheimer 2 if the first one fails to make money.