Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
only 3 months whoa

Forum Pro
Is this the longest period between wrapping and release for a Nolan film?

A Borges man wrote:
May 22nd, 2022, 10:26 am
I think in regards to the post-production: we know there was quite detailed plate work being filmed (in New York no less, in busy metropolitan places). This tells us that their will be a lot of compositing and assembling of footage, probably for the time period. That also tells me that there is probably period model work (we know how much Nolan loves models). Also, the bombs: I'm gonna take a guess that if its CGI, like the wormhole in interstellar it might be so detailed and massive that it might take a few months to render...or if it's a Douglas trombellesque practical effect (ala 2001, tree of life) they are going to be working on it in the studio for a good amount of time, you can't rush that stuff.
As others have point out as well, the absences of action makes shooting a different process. Also, who knows the might have shot an insane amount of footage, and need a year to edit this thing. It is not unheard of: Scorsese and Telma do it all the time.
Great points, this sounds very exciting

That’s an interesting question. It’s definitely longer than Tenet which started filming in May and wrapped in November of 2019.

Interstellar took also 3 months to shoot no ?

Forum Pro
Just googled it and saw that it took four months, which is not much longer (though an extra month of shooting does make a difference no doubt)

I'm of the belief that that's his "biggest" movie in terms of scope and if he managed to do all of that in four months...wow. Only makes me more excited for Opp

Found this interview with Kai Bird when he briefly mentions Nolan's adaptation:

Not super surprising but he does confirm it's "heavily based on the book" and also that "a lot of the dialogue comes out of the book".

Insomniac wrote:
June 1st, 2022, 7:55 am

Not super surprising but he does confirm it's "heavily based on the book" and also that "a lot of the dialogue comes out of the book".
That's a great find (I also wonder if he was supposed to tell that publicly :D)

Insomniac wrote:
June 1st, 2022, 7:55 am

Mmmm seems like an odd comment to me. Anyway, good finding 👍 thanks

That's pretty neat. Nice! :twothumbsup: