Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
radewart wrote:
May 20th, 2022, 1:25 pm
This is nothing major, but looking at the crew listing on imdb, the film has two crew jobs I found a little interesting/unique to a Nolan film. It has a "horseback riding instructor" and an "Intimacy Coordinator". Is Nolan going to have a sex scene in his film for once?
Those two things together: Kitty getting pregnant with Peter.

radewart wrote:
This is nothing major, but looking at the crew listing on imdb, the film has two crew jobs I found a little interesting/unique to a Nolan film. It has a "horseback riding instructor" and an "Intimacy Coordinator". Is Nolan going to have a sex scene in his film for once?
The closest we got to sex being shown onscreen was that post coital in Rises, that in hindsight was definitely an act of manipulation. I think that's all, but I don't give two craps about sex being included in films. The argument that Nolan's movies need sex and are weaker for not having them is totally nonsensical (lack of chemistry between the actors is one thing, but sex and "horniness" doesn't automatically equal good chemistry). Did any of his great films need a sex scene in order to be great? Why do people obsess over this aspect generally? I would love it if they stopped downgrading good movies just because they didn't cater to a sex positive desire. Maybe if there's a moment of onscreen sex or at least a decent implication people won't try and make that argument this time.

Waitedalongtime wrote:
May 21st, 2022, 3:08 pm
radewart wrote:
The closest we got to sex being shown onscreen was that post coital in Rises, that in hindsight was definitely an act of manipulation. I think that's all, but I don't give two craps about sex being included in films. The argument that Nolan's movies need sex and are weaker for not having them is totally nonsensical (lack of chemistry between the actors is one thing, but sex and "horniness" doesn't automatically equal good chemistry). Did any of his great films need a sex scene in order to be great? Why do people obsess over this aspect generally? I would love it if they stopped downgrading good movies just because they didn't cater to a sex positive desire. Maybe if there's a moment of onscreen sex or at least a decent implication people won't try and make that argument this time.
As a sidenote, the opposite opinion, that being "sex scenes are not needed in movies" is also fucking ridiculous and not true in the slightest, at least not of all films.

Waitedalongtime wrote:
May 21st, 2022, 3:10 pm
Waitedalongtime wrote:
May 21st, 2022, 3:08 pm
radewart wrote:
As a sidenote, the opposite opinion, that being "sex scenes are not needed in movies" is also fucking ridiculous and not true in the slightest, at least not of all films.
There is post coital in memento and in the prestige, and if I remember correctly in Following...while we are tallying.

Ace

So, it was true. Yay!

For comparison, Tenet took six months to shoot

Woah! That was relatively a quick shoot (if you compare to TENET).
But TENET was shot in 7 different countries compared to only one. And those action sequences...

I'm really crossing my fingers that we get a teaser next month. Eager to get a taste of the tone of this film.

I wish Nolan/Universal would consider a Thanksgiving release or Christmas. Plenty of time to get the move ready for the end of the year, and next July looks like a blood bath. Don't want any part of that new Mission Impossible movie.