Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

DHOPW42 wrote:
May 12th, 2022, 6:01 pm
Also, I just realized this was actually made by one of us in the "Fan Posters" topic back in February...:)

Surprised that there is so little discussion here (compared to previous Nolan films) when for me it has the potential to be the best in Nolan's filmography. Incredible casting, incredible technical team, surely incredible script considering the book it's based on... I've rarely been so confident for a Nolan film.

I agree. This has the potential to be the film that cements Nolan as an all time great.

Something else came to mind: the subject of this film has never been as relevant as today. Insane that an invention from 80 years ago still haunts us to this very day. If Nolan does this well, it’ll be a very important film.

Collins wrote:
May 18th, 2022, 6:12 am
Surprised that there is so little discussion here (compared to previous Nolan films) when for me it has the potential to be the best in Nolan's filmography. Incredible casting, incredible technical team, surely incredible script considering the book it's based on... I've rarely been so confident for a Nolan film.
We haven't watched the movie yet so one can only hope although I don’t really care about "his best" notion. I’m just glad we get another one.

Willem wrote:
May 18th, 2022, 7:50 am
This has the potential to be the film that cements Nolan as an all time great.
He already is in my book. We'll see how Oppenheimer turns out though.

Collins wrote:
Yes, this cast is insane and this movie is going to be insane.

Forum Pro
Collins wrote:
It might simply be because there's so little room for narrative speculation here, except for the structure. With Interstellar and Tenet there was so much to theorize about before we even got the first trailers, and so much more to talk about after. I'm not sure how much people speculated about Dunkirk either, but I'm sure once we see a teaser for Opp there will be a lot more to discuss.

There is also..the fact that a lot of people read the book it is based upon and found it, let's say, underwhelming. So the story is figured out and any hint of brilliance is already ruled out, what's left is the good ol' narrative gimmick Nolan doesn't seem to get ever tired of.