Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

Could this be a hint?

I mean, this is only a year ago.

Also, this sounds similar to a certain director/producer duo we all know:
Kitty was also an important confidant for her husband. Robert Oppenheimer trusted his wife completely and frequently sought her advice on a host of issues facing the Manhattan Project. Kitty and her husband relied on each other for a solid foundation in the chaotic years of the Project and in their newfound celebrity in the years to come.
Casting prediction: Vicky Krieps.

Insomniac wrote:
October 10th, 2021, 4:14 pm

Could this be a hint?

I mean, this is only a year ago.

Also, this sounds similar to a certain director/producer duo we all know:
Kitty was also an important confidant for her husband. Robert Oppenheimer trusted his wife completely and frequently sought her advice on a host of issues facing the Manhattan Project. Kitty and her husband relied on each other for a solid foundation in the chaotic years of the Project and in their newfound celebrity in the years to come.
Casting prediction: Vicky Krieps.
It would be great, she's an amazing and promising actress!
So we can expect a central/pivotal female role.

AsianVersionOfET wrote:
October 10th, 2021, 12:18 pm
I think this will be Nolan’s most “horror”esque film thus far. Nothing scarier really than nuclear war.
Nolan's most "horror" esque film is called Tarantella. :P

On a serious note, it's definitely a story that covers horror territory. It would be interesting if Nolan looked into a series like Chernobyl and Come and See 1985 film while preparing for this. In my opinion at least.

There is no doubt in mind that Nolan is looking at both "Hiroshima, mon amour", and Nicholas Roeg's "Insignificance". Both deal with the bomb in abstract fascinating ways, and both Alan Renais and Nicholas Roeg are huge influences on Nolan's filmmaking.

Imdb lists Jeffrey Kurland as costume designer, which isn't official yet, but wouldn't be a surprise.

Thank you for the video of the writers of the book!

After watching Denis Villeneuve’s filmography, I have come to the conclusion that he’s the greatest sci fi director of the last 20 years. What’s special about him is he always starts with the characters and then builds beautiful worlds around them. Nolan on the other hand has no idea how to create an interesting world. I am slowly leaving Nolan behind because Denis Villeneuve has eclipsed him. Arrival, Blade Runner 2049 and now Dune are better than everything in Nolan’s filmography. I highly doubt the new Oppenheimer project can compete with those films but we shall see.

lmao

KEM
Imagine thinking there’s a movie better than The Dark Knight…

Not sure if Nolan will ever make his Howard Hughes film, but it’s interesting to me that he’s chosen Oppenheimer as a subject to direct his “biopic energy” towards instead at this point. Obviously Nolan’s been on a physics kick since Interstellar (continuing with Tenet), so his interest in Oppenheimer isn’t that surprising (especially since he’s directly referenced in Tenet) but I wonder if he sees any similarities between Hughes and Oppenheimer in any way…. I just realized that both men were born just a year apart (1904 and 1905).

Retskrad wrote:
October 12th, 2021, 1:23 pm
After watching Denis Villeneuve’s filmography, I have come to the conclusion that he’s the greatest sci fi director of the last 20 years. What’s special about him is he always starts with the characters and then builds beautiful worlds around them. Nolan on the other hand has no idea how to create an interesting world. I am slowly leaving Nolan behind because Denis Villeneuve has eclipsed him. Arrival, Blade Runner 2049 and now Dune are better than everything in Nolan’s filmography. I highly doubt the new Oppenheimer project can compete with those films but we shall see.
IT's too bad none of Villeneuve's scifi movies are original...all of them are just franchises and build off of other people's work...