Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Personal interest aside I'm expecting the sequel to be a mainstream success. James shot natively in 3D and he really believes in the vision he has. I do not think video game would be better medium because that will personal and interactive and Avatar and sequels are aimed at collective exploration. Avatar is mystical world.

The images they have been sharing are not from actual movies but crude concept art. Real thing will be so very real. You'll see.

Why are we discussing cartoons in this thread?

Funny you say that considering Oppenheimer film will employ digital effects extensively.

blackColumn wrote:
September 21st, 2021, 11:32 am
Funny you say that considering Oppenheimer film will employ digital effects extensively.
Yes I’m sure a Christopher Nolan film will be so heavy on digital effects that the term “cartoon” will aptly describe it.

Oku
ChristNolan wrote:
September 21st, 2021, 12:39 pm
blackColumn wrote:
September 21st, 2021, 11:32 am
Yes I’m sure a Christopher Nolan film will be so heavy on digital effects that the term “cartoon” will aptly describe it.
Although Mr. Nolan and Mr. Cameron take different paths to get there (practical-effects-obsessed vs digital-obsessed), they actually do have the common goal of being incredibly fussy about 'plausible realism', which most filmmakers are quick to disregard and automatically don't even give a second's thought to.

BrandX wrote:
September 21st, 2021, 1:01 pm
Not that anyone here is overly concerned about Nolan's terms for the deal with Universal, but I found this article to put all the "demands" in perspective.
https://www.escapistmagazine.com/christ ... mer-movie/
Good find. The author surely must be a member here lol

Cameron and Nolan are on another level of film making. Both are very talented directors. I am pretty sure both have lot of respect for each other. I know they have mentioned each other films in the past.

KEM
Nolan is in Cameron’s documentary about sci-fi films

Forum Pro
Assuming that this movie shoots in New Mexico...

I recently learned that New Mexico has a film tax rebate of at least 25% and can be as high as 35%. New Mexico also has a couple of stages facilities too.

So let's say that this entire production takes place in New Mexico, they can get at least $25M back on it.

Interesting fact about J.RO from Wikipedia, immediately made me think of Interstellar:

With his students he also made important contributions to the modern theory of neutron stars and black holes, as well as to quantum mechanics, quantum field theory, and the interactions of cosmic rays.