Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
SCORPIO16 wrote:
September 18th, 2021, 2:52 am
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
September 17th, 2021, 9:36 pm
Does Anne Thompson hate Nolan? She sounds so sardonic about everything Nolan did.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1MW7mv ... l_branch=1
She obviously has some attitude issues. She's just fulfilling her agenda, whatever that is, against Nolan and similar directors. I mean who refers to a director as 'alpha male' and 'control freak' without any context. Total piece of shit that's what she is. The podcaster isn't good either. He clearly disagreed with some remarks but decided to go with the flow.
the podcast is lame. typical american film journalism pov and stuff, nothing interesting really

"The first time I changed the world, I was hailed as a visionary. The second time I was asked politely to retire."

Bacon wrote:
September 18th, 2021, 1:30 pm
"The first time I changed the world, I was hailed as a visionary. The second time I was asked politely to retire."
True!

"You don’t get to 500 million friends without making a few enemies"

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Although tbf, I believe I heard her slip in there somewhere she loves his movies.

i just cant help but feel its the Lewis Hamilton effect with Nolan, a ton of people grew weary of Chris`s towering reputation as the current biggest directorial name in the industry, i also think social media makes this apparent, i can say for sure that spielberg was and is still is shat on by a lot of film critics, and that a lot of people roll their eyes at Kubric`s "pretentiousness" too but their voices where stomped by the enormous majority, now its easy to make controversial opinions reach public notice, in fact we actively look for those "spicy hot takes", we look for the critic with the "stick up his/her arse"
(i made that Hamilton comparison because as an F1 fan it has been really tiring to see lewis win the last 7 years unbothered, so i can, somewhat, tangently understand people who kinda roll their eyes every time "a film by Christopher Nolan" shows up, its just that i dont share it because Chris Nolan is awesome, both as an artist and as a person.

KEM
I don’t care in the slightest what people think of Nolan, the films speak for themselves

I really hope we get some juicy information or details in the coming week, I am already in need. :lol: :gonf:

Nicolaslabra wrote:
September 18th, 2021, 8:08 pm
i just cant help but feel its the Lewis Hamilton effect with Nolan, a ton of people grew weary of Chris`s towering reputation as the current biggest directorial name in the industry, i also think social media makes this apparent, i can say for sure that spielberg was and is still is shat on by a lot of film critics, and that a lot of people roll their eyes at Kubric`s "pretentiousness" too but their voices where stomped by the enormous majority, now its easy to make controversial opinions reach public notice, in fact we actively look for those "spicy hot takes", we look for the critic with the "stick up his/her arse"
(i made that Hamilton comparison because as an F1 fan it has been really tiring to see lewis win the last 7 years unbothered, so i can, somewhat, tangently understand people who kinda roll their eyes every time "a film by Christopher Nolan" shows up, its just that i dont share it because Chris Nolan is awesome, both as an artist and as a person.
Sorry, but Nolan is a man, while Hamilton is a crybaby who does everything to get attention. 8-) LOL

But I agree with " ton of people grew weary of Chris`s towering reputation as the current biggest directorial name in the industry".

Nolan62 wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 3:45 pm
I really hope we get some juicy information or details in the coming week, I am already in need. :lol: :gonf:
Probably will be another month or two before we get big casting decisions.