Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
He refuses to get bamboozled by the studios like countless filmmakers in the past. Good for him, and good for Universal for snatching him up.

I know it's silly but it will be so strange not seeing the WB logo at the beginning of a Nolan movie. (The new WB logo is ugly as shit anyway, so maybe this is a good thing)

KEM
jemme wrote:
September 16th, 2021, 1:50 am
He refuses to get bamboozled by the studios like countless filmmakers in the past. Good for him, and good for Universal for snatching him up.

I know it's silly but it will be so strange not seeing the WB logo at the beginning of a Nolan movie. (The new WB logo is ugly as shit anyway, so maybe this is a good thing)
Yeah I’m preparing myself to not see the WB logo, it’s gonna be very strange, as long as there’s no Universal fanfare (which I’m 99% sure there won’t be) then I’ll get used to it

Joshua Strong wrote:
September 15th, 2021, 8:13 pm
We'll find out what type of movie this is when we see the release date. Its going to be very telling
Wartime character drama. The end.

iatse about to go on strike. Could be a delay to the film production? Probably not though. Also where will the filming locations be? New Mexico? Japan? California?

neb4ever wrote:
September 16th, 2021, 2:34 pm
iatse about to go on strike. Could be a delay to the film production? Probably not though. Also where will the filming locations be? New Mexico? Japan? California?
New Mexico
California
Maybe
U.S Virgin Islands
Washington DC
New Jersey

LuciusNightmare wrote:
September 10th, 2021, 10:46 am
I really hope that Nolan finds a role in this for Daniel Craig...He already played Werner Heisenberg in a British TV movie about Germany's role in atomic bomb program during World War II.

If Nolan wanted to focus on the ‘race’ aspect of the Allied and German efforts to develop the A-bomb, I would love to see Pattinson play somebody like Heisenberg. Pattinson has the rangy build, Brits are always cast as Nazis, and it would be good to see a portrait of a patriotic, morally conflicted character, rather than the stereotypical ‘baddie’, a lesser director would offer up.

KEM wrote:
September 16th, 2021, 4:06 am
jemme wrote:

Yeah I’m preparing myself to not see the WB logo, it’s gonna be very strange, as long as there’s no Universal fanfare (which I’m 99% sure there won’t be) then I’ll get used to it
I wonder if a shorter version of the Universal logo will be used. The full thing is pretty long without the fanfare. Nolan might get the studio to allow for an abridged version.

KEM
TeddyBlass wrote:
September 16th, 2021, 6:47 pm
KEM wrote:
September 16th, 2021, 4:06 am
jemme wrote:

I wonder if a shorter version of the Universal logo will be used. The full thing is pretty long without the fanfare. Nolan might get the studio to allow for an abridged version.
That would make the most sense, something that starts once the full text is on screen or something

I feel like i am literally the last person to find out about this new nolan kino lmao

Ruth wrote:
September 16th, 2021, 9:22 pm
I feel like i am literally the last person to find out about this new nolan kino lmao
oh dont worry i found out of this because of a meme, normally i read it here first, it caught us all by surprise lol.