Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
poplar wrote:
September 10th, 2021, 3:28 pm
Couldn't be more happy about this project :)
Hello again fellow Nolanfans, after this long hiatus ;)
And again I thought it would last longer. Here we play a little less the mystery card (even if we don't know anything yet), but there is already a little more concrete than in Inception or Tenet for example(when they were announced).

Allstar wrote:
September 10th, 2021, 4:25 pm
Demoph wrote:
September 10th, 2021, 3:57 pm
It could still be Warner in the end, lol.
Strange that Disney wasn't more considered. The Scar Jo affair may have proved him that Disney wasn't better than Warner in regards to using big films made for the big screen to promote its streaming service.
Paramount already has Babylon for late 2022 as an auteur driven big film. I hope the change at the top won't affect my boy Chazelle.
Sony did great for Tarantino with Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

It’s also not strange Disney is being considered. They would not make this film.
Disney would do under 20th century studios. They are doing a David O’Russel film under that studio. Disney would probably love to get Nolan. They already have Cameron.

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
September 10th, 2021, 6:16 pm
Disney would do under 20th century studios. They are doing a David O’Russel film under that studio. Disney would probably love to get Nolan. They already have Cameron.
I hope it's not Disney though.

Allstar wrote:
September 10th, 2021, 4:25 pm
Demoph wrote:
September 10th, 2021, 3:57 pm
It could still be Warner in the end, lol.
Strange that Disney wasn't more considered. The Scar Jo affair may have proved him that Disney wasn't better than Warner in regards to using big films made for the big screen to promote its streaming service.
Paramount already has Babylon for late 2022 as an auteur driven big film. I hope the change at the top won't affect my boy Chazelle.
Sony did great for Tarantino with Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

It’s also not strange Disney is being considered. They would not make this film.
Disney will not commit to having film prints for theatrical release

Disney doesn't want a behemoth like Nolan having creative control/leverage over them in any way. They like strong-arming their own people.

What’s the best book about Oppenheimer to read in prep for this?

Isn't Wes Anderson still working with Fox, or what's left of it?

natalie wrote:
September 9th, 2021, 9:04 pm
It's all there at The Nolan Variations :o
"It is among those included in an anthology of speeches Oppenheimer gave after the war, threading the needle of his ambivalence about nuclear technology, which Robert Pattinson gave to Nolan as a gift at the film’s wrap party."
“It’s eerie reading, because they’re wrangling with this thing they’ve unleashed. How’s that going to be controlled? It’s just this most monstrous responsibility. Once that knowledge is out there in the world, what can you do? You can’t put the toothpaste back in the tube. It was a savvy, thoughtful wrap gift, actually, because, like you, I’ve grown up in the postnuclear age. In Graham Swift’s Waterland, there’s a whole section about apocalyptic thinking. We’ve grown up in the shadow of the ultimate destructive knowledge. There’s very little you would miss if that technology disappeared. It’s like that Sophocles line they quote in Angel Heart, which is the only reason I know it: ‘…how terrible is wisdom when it brings no profit to the man that’s wise?’ To know something is to have power over it, generally, but what if the reverse is true, if knowing something gives it power over you?”
Thanks for this, fascinating

Wouldn’t it be funny if he still ends up with wb after all this time

Bale Fan wrote:
September 10th, 2021, 11:49 pm
Wouldn’t it be funny if he still ends up with wb after all this time
I really think the WB days are over.