Soundtrack: Göransson Returns

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

Who Will Score Nolan's Oppenheimer/A-Bomb/WWII Film?

Göransson
58%
Zimmer
32%
Other
10%

Total votes: 90

Tarssauce wrote:
February 19th, 2024, 2:44 pm
i just wish these where longer, like the ones for Tenet, or just give us the sketchbook for the love of god :lol:

Nicolaslabra wrote:
February 20th, 2024, 4:33 pm
Tarssauce wrote:
i just wish these where longer, like the ones for Tenet, or just give us the sketchbook for the love of god :lol:
It'd be nice for them to be longer, but this series has still been pretty informative. I've watched just about everything there is to watch on the score and here I felt like I still got a few new insights into the process. And it was great to actually hear the click tracks that the musicians would've heard, and god it made my head hurt. True professionals.

I would watch hours and hours of this for Oppenheimer and Tenet. (And for Zimmer's scores too).

I loved hearing some of the demos and early ideas. I wish he played more. Seems like the teaser music is based on the "sirens" experiments he did early on.

Hexatonics ended up being "Quantum Mechanics". And it's interesting that this was the seed for CYHTM. I always thought it was the opposite.

Oppie's theme is in "Fission" & "American Prometheus".

KEM
Nicolaslabra wrote:
February 20th, 2024, 4:33 pm
Tarssauce wrote:
There is a longer version on Mix With the Masters but you have to pay for it, I did and have watched it about 5 times now, it’s great

Crazy that this is the first Oscar win for music in a Nolan movie

Bacon wrote:
March 12th, 2024, 1:16 pm
That is even more shocking than the directing category considering how consistently great the music is in his films.

Interstellar not winning in 2015 is still beyond me.

LelekPL wrote:
March 12th, 2024, 2:39 pm
Bacon wrote:
That is even more shocking than the directing category considering how consistently great the music is in his films.

Dunkirk AND Phantom Thread losing to Desplat's score for Shape of Water is horribly bad.

Bacon wrote:
March 12th, 2024, 5:13 pm
LelekPL wrote:
Bacon wrote:

Dunkirk AND Phantom Thread losing to Desplat's score for Shape of Water is horribly bad.
Those two might just be the worst offenders in the last 10 years

Nicolaslabra wrote:
March 12th, 2024, 8:30 pm
Bacon wrote:
March 12th, 2024, 5:13 pm
LelekPL wrote:

Those two might just be the worst offenders in the last 10 years
Truly a travesty. I love GDT, but that Oscar Season should have been shared between Nolan and PTA. Anyways! WE WON BIG!!!!BIG TIME!!!!

KEM
Still waiting on the complete score to leak…