Oppenheimer - IMAX locations and info thread

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Does anyone know how big the 70mm Imax screen at "Celebration! Cinema Grand Rapids North & IMAX" in Grand Rapids MI is?

Trying to decide between there or the Indiana State Museum 70mm Imax (both are several hours away from me, similar distance). One article online state the Indiana Imax is about 60 by 80 feet, but I haven't been able to find details on the Grand Rapids Imax size.

movieman1005 wrote:
June 8th, 2023, 1:54 pm
Does anyone know how big the 70mm Imax screen at "Celebration! Cinema Grand Rapids North & IMAX" in Grand Rapids MI is?

Trying to decide between there or the Indiana State Museum 70mm Imax (both are several hours away from me, similar distance). One article online state the Indiana Imax is about 60 by 80 feet, but I haven't been able to find details on the Grand Rapids Imax size.
https://lfexaminer.com/theaters/

This used to be a good source for theater info that many here have referenced. Sadly it says they've ceased publication and it hasn't been updated in over a year and a half, but I'm sure the screen size info for most theaters is probably still accurate. It lists the Celebration theater screen as 52.9 by 70 feet (filter the options by state to find it easier). The Indiana State Museum IMAX is 62 by 84 feet. That's where I'll be seeing it (both theaters are also a few hours away for me). I've seen Dunkirk and Tenet there so far. Picture and sound quality are awesome of course, but the seating isn't great, which is kind of expected for a museum I guess.

zwilliams wrote:
June 4th, 2023, 10:08 pm
radewart wrote:
June 4th, 2023, 2:07 pm
Planning to see this at the Indiana Museum IMAX, using personal time from work and making alittle mini vacation out of it. My Dad is going to come with me, so hopefully it's worth it!
I saw Dunkirk and Force Awakens there and that theater is amazing!I’m going to the Michigan Science Center this time around as it’s half the drive time for me. Still waiting for tickets to go on sale though. The screen is smaller and it’s a dome theater with the projector on the floor. Not sure I’ll like it as much as Indianapolis, but I figured I’d give it a try. Hope you have a great time!!!
When I used to live in Peoria, IL, I went there during holidays to watch Rogue One and Dunkirk’s prologue…I did NOT like the city but I liked that theater…their seat back then wasn’t upgraded yet and their sound system wasn’t as good as Navy Pier, but pict quality was done perfectly. Also what I love about this theater how regular they show classic movies and use their 70mm projector

This isn’t anything new for members on here but I thought to share it

Hustler wrote:
June 8th, 2023, 4:34 pm
movieman1005 wrote:

This used to be a good source for theater info that many here have referenced. Sadly it says they've ceased publication and it hasn't been updated in over a year and a half, but I'm sure the screen size info for most theaters is probably still accurate. It lists the Celebration theater screen as 52.9 by 70 feet (filter the options by state to find it easier). The Indiana State Museum IMAX is 62 by 84 feet. That's where I'll be seeing it (both theaters are also a few hours away for me). I've seen Dunkirk and Tenet there so far. Picture and sound quality are awesome of course, but the seating isn't great, which is kind of expected for a museum I guess.
Oh nice find, thanks!

Could you elaborate on why "the seating isn't great" for the indiana imax theater?

I’m gonna be so bummed if the Airbus in VA doesn’t get their IMAX projector working. I’m seriously considering driving 4 hours to Philly to see this, but almost all the good tickets are taken for the first weekend :cry:

movieman1005 wrote:
June 9th, 2023, 2:49 am
Hustler wrote:
movieman1005 wrote:

Oh nice find, thanks!

Could you elaborate on why "the seating isn't great" for the indiana imax theater?
Certainly not a dealbreaker or anything, they're just old and outdated seats that aren't super comfortable. Unless they've upgraded in the last few years since I've been there, but I doubt it. If I remember correctly, I don't think they recline in the slightest either, but maybe I'm thinking of a different theater. Basically, I have the privilege of seeing this movie in one of only 30 theaters across the entire world playing it in 70mm IMAX film... and I'm nitpicking the seats :lol:

Hustler wrote:
June 9th, 2023, 8:43 pm
movieman1005 wrote:
Hustler wrote:

Oh nice find, thanks!

Certainly not a dealbreaker or anything, they're just old and outdated seats that aren't super comfortable. Unless they've upgraded in the last few years since I've been there, but I doubt it. If I remember correctly, I don't think they recline in the slightest either, but maybe I'm thinking of a different theater. Basically, I have the privilege of seeing this movie in one of only 30 theaters across the entire world playing it in 70mm IMAX film... and I'm nitpicking the seats :lol:
I thought they renovated and upgraded their seats…I guess not lol

SINCEPTION wrote:
June 10th, 2023, 9:26 pm
Hustler wrote:
June 9th, 2023, 8:43 pm
movieman1005 wrote:

Oh nice find, thanks!

I thought they renovated and upgraded their seats…I guess not lol
So maybe I'm crazy. This article says they upgraded their seats in June 2017, which would've been in time for Dunkirk even. And I even saw Tenet there and don't recall nice leather seating :lol:
Maybe I'm thinking of the The Henry Ford IMAX in Michigan. That's where I saw The Dark Knight Rises, back when they still had their film projector.
Sorry, folks. Disregard my comments, I'm sure their seating is just fine. Either way, that IMAX sound sure had them rumbling :lol:
https://www.imax.com/content/imax-theat ... ate-museum

Anyone watching it at Universal Citywalk? The very auditorium that Nolan himself likes to test screen his films at: https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT81yuY72/

Hell, you guys could even try to sit in the same seat he uses :lol:. I think this is either row H or J