Rami Malek joins the cast

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Ace wrote:
October 6th, 2022, 1:48 pm
Rami talks a little here about enjoying working with Nolan.
Around @5:40
That was great

Is it me or Margot Robbie doesn't seem that type of actresses that Nolan would cast. But I admire her work and would like to see them work together.

Would love to see a woman in lead role sometime in Chris Nolan's career. Actual epic action thriller type of role. Real stakes. Dangerous stuff.

Ace

Another mention of Oppenheimer in this interview where Rami says Nolan asked him to be more boring during a scene. :lol:
@7:30

Last edited by Ace on October 8th, 2022, 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ace wrote:
October 7th, 2022, 2:52 pm

Another mention of Oppenheimer in this interview where Rami says Nolan asked him to be more boring during a scene. :lol:
@7:30
thanks for posting

Ace
In Oppenheimer, Rami Malek plays a scientist and that's all we can know for now. "I take my hat off for the elegant way he found to tell a story about the manufacture of the atomic bomb. It could have been, I can't find the word, not unelegant, but..." And there he stops, in the middle of the sentence. Look for the right word. Keep looking, you can't find it and my suggestions don't help you. That corrodes him. The pause looks like it's going to last forever - according to my tape recorder, three whole minutes. "What is the word? It's going to come to me later, that kills me. I wish I could tell you more about the movie, but I'm great at keeping secrets," he says.

Rami describes the intense and calculated atmosphere on the director's set: "He is one of the most elegant people you will be able to see, always in a suit and tie. He is a brilliant mind and, at the same time, a collaborator who moves very quickly. Something I love is that you don't come and go from the trailer between takes and takes."

Great performance by Rami Malek.

Goes almost unnoticed for the whole picture with no lines.
And then he shows up at the end delivering the killing blow.