Cast

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
Ace wrote:
July 6th, 2022, 12:32 pm

#Oppenhomies4lyfe
The sleepover is a hilarious mental image, especially given what I imagine the tone of the film will be like.

Earlier this year, we found out you’ll be reuniting with Christopher Nolan for his biopic about J. Robert Oppenheimer, the father of the atomic bomb, bringing you back into the world of scientists playing God like Dr. Brenner. What can you tell us about what you’ll do in the film?

I’m playing a character named Vannevar Bush. He was in charge of putting together the team and maintaining the security around the atomic bomb development. While the movie is very much about the development of the atomic bomb. It’s more about what you said—playing God. Oppenheimer quotes [Hindu scripture] Bhagavad Gita after the deployment of the atomic bomb by saying, ‘I [have] become Death, the destroyer of worlds.’ The atomic bomb had the ability to alter and change the course of history.
https://www.menshealth.com/entertainmen ... interview/

EOLB wrote:
July 7th, 2022, 12:48 pm

Earlier this year, we found out you’ll be reuniting with Christopher Nolan for his biopic about J. Robert Oppenheimer, the father of the atomic bomb, bringing you back into the world of scientists playing God like Dr. Brenner. What can you tell us about what you’ll do in the film?

I’m playing a character named Vannevar Bush. He was in charge of putting together the team and maintaining the security around the atomic bomb development. While the movie is very much about the development of the atomic bomb. It’s more about what you said—playing God. Oppenheimer quotes [Hindu scripture] Bhagavad Gita after the deployment of the atomic bomb by saying, ‘I [have] become Death, the destroyer of worlds.’ The atomic bomb had the ability to alter and change the course of history.
https://www.menshealth.com/entertainmen ... interview/
Looked up the real guy. Honestly I think the casting is very spot on, he could easily look like the real Vannevar Bush. Also on Wikipedia the explanation for the unique first name is that he was named after a man named John Vannevar. Like the preview of what the themes of the story will be too.

Ace
Tom Conti when he was in New York for filming back in April.

Ace wrote:
July 9th, 2022, 12:57 pm

Yup, that's Einstein :D

DHOPW42 wrote:
July 9th, 2022, 3:19 pm
Ace wrote:
July 9th, 2022, 12:57 pm

Yup, that's Einstein :D
Indeed, had to eat crow after it was announced. I like Conti a lot, he is so good in Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawerence, and of course in DKR. Accents always fill me with dread, hopefully, Conti can do a good German accent.

Oku
God freaking damn that photo gives me chills, man.

I remember reading a biography of Mr. Einstein when I was little and now to see the legendary historical figure from my childhood brought to life so vividly and seemingly perfectly makes me absolutely giddy with excitement.

Is this how comic book fans feel?!?! :lol:

I gotta be honest, this one photo kinda made me more excited than any other set photo I think I've seen. (And I am already disappointed that his part will probably be only a few minutes' worth haha.)

It also made me realize that it's weird that he's such an insanely monumental historical figure and yet I don't think there's been a definitive portrayal of him in pop culture? Or has there??

Also, how is Ace finding all this lol. Does he/she have access to a top-secret next-gen version of Google that only he/she knows about?

Oku wrote:
July 12th, 2022, 9:07 am
It also made me realize that it's weird that he's such an insanely monumental historical figure and yet I don't think there's been a definitive portrayal of him in pop culture? Or has there??
Walter Matthau would like to have a word with you...

But in seriousness, I'm not sure, there must've been tons of TV specials and things like that.

Oku wrote:
July 12th, 2022, 9:07 am
God freaking damn that photo gives me chills, man.

I remember reading a biography of Mr. Einstein when I was little and now to see the legendary historical figure from my childhood brought to life so vividly and seemingly perfectly makes me absolutely giddy with excitement.

Is this how comic book fans feel?!?! :lol:

I gotta be honest, this one photo kinda made me more excited than any other set photo I think I've seen. (And I am already disappointed that his part will probably be only a few minutes' worth haha.)

Also, how is Ace finding all this lol. Does he/she have access to a top-secret next-gen version of Google that only he/she knows about?
Depends on what role he had in Oppenheimer's life story. If it's anything important, it should hopefully be a memorable scene.

EOLB wrote:
July 6th, 2022, 1:52 pm
Waitedalongtime wrote:
July 6th, 2022, 10:21 am
I do wonder if there's a personal reason why this cast list is even more stacked (and with many actors who have worked with him prior) than any film he's done before. I'm sure the nature of the film allows for all these roles to be played by noteworthy actors, but I'm curious as to if it's for a private reason. Imagine if it was because he was retiring and didn't want to make that public yet, but he let people in the industry know so anyone auditioning would know they'd only have one shot to be in one of his films so they'd take it no matter the size of the role. I'm 99% sure that's not the case, but it's interesting to speculate. It could be out of respect towards him as a director personally and professionally and nothing else.
Sources say that with Nolan’s secretive process, actors sometimes don’t even know what role they are signing up for until the deal is done. In any case, whether for parts big or small, many in Hollywood are more than eager to parachute in.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235116406/

I think people just want to work with him.
Are you sure it's not more like: