Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
blackColumn wrote:
May 18th, 2022, 11:00 pm
There is also..the fact that a lot of people read the book it is based upon and found it, let's say, underwhelming. So the story is figured out and any hint of brilliance is already ruled out, what's left is the good ol' narrative gimmick Nolan doesn't seem to get ever tired of.
There was nothing underwhelming about the book. It's as acclaimed as a non-fiction book can get. Who are these people? I need you to gather receipts, and not just randos on twitter before you start making shit up.

The book is excellent, you don't strike me as a reader though.

I'm pretty sure you meant to post this from your other account...

blackColumn wrote:
There is also..the fact that a lot of people read the book it is based upon and found it, let's say, underwhelming. So the story is figured out and any hint of brilliance is already ruled out, what's left is the good ol' narrative gimmick Nolan doesn't seem to get ever tired of.
Why do you write like such a weirdo? What does (bolded statement) even mean?

I haven't been here long enough or read the whole thread, but what are the theories about how he'll tell this story? I think Cillian said in an interview before filming started it won't be a straightforward adaptation of the book. The only theory I've seen somewhere else is using the security hearing to guide the narrative and jump through the timeline.

blackColumn wrote:
There is also..the fact that a lot of people read the book it is based upon and found it, let's say, underwhelming.
It's literally a Pulitzer Prize winner.

blackColumn wrote:
Never seen a bad review of this book

blackColumn wrote:
There is also..the FACT that.... bla bla bla... some made up shit. Any sentence containing the word 'FACT' has to have something credible i.e. a reliable source or reference. Its clear like a day that this troll is the parent account of that other troll Retard or whatever. As if one moron was not enough.

Just ignore them. They want attention.

This is nothing major, but looking at the crew listing on imdb, the film has two crew jobs I found a little interesting/unique to a Nolan film. It has a "horseback riding instructor" and an "Intimacy Coordinator". Is Nolan going to have a sex scene in his film for once?

Ace
radewart wrote:
May 20th, 2022, 1:25 pm
This is nothing major, but looking at the crew listing on imdb, the film has two crew jobs I found a little interesting/unique to a Nolan film. It has a "horseback riding instructor" and an "Intimacy Coordinator". Is Nolan going to have a sex scene in his film for once?
Good spot!

radewart wrote:
May 20th, 2022, 1:25 pm
There's quite a lot of horseback riding in the book - Oppenheimer and co used to ride horses in and around his California home. (I think it was California)