Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.

He is also working with a new set designer: Easton Smith(worked on Ad Astra, A.I: Artificial Intelligence, Life of Pi, Minority Report etc...)

Obviously, the project is deeply in pre-production, but I really hope we'll have something new at least at the beginning of December.

Feed us Chris!

is Nathan Crowley on board or not?

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
November 25th, 2021, 1:57 am
He is according to imdb.

Pit180 wrote:
November 26th, 2021, 5:35 am
DUNKIRKIE wrote:
November 25th, 2021, 1:57 am
He is according to imdb.
He is a production designer not set designer.

On Page 438 of American Prometheus - such a good book with so many possibilities for Nolan... Regarding some comments on this Oppenheimer forum where it was discussed how General Groves will be portrayed by Damon, I think Downey Jr's role will be the more dynamically antagonistic one in how Strauss is portrayed. Despite Oppenheimer and Groves having distinct differences in style - they were an effective pair. I'm at the stage in the book where Strauss is really going to start going after Oppenheimer. Regardless, it will be fascinating to see what level of nuance Nolan goes for with this source material.

If interested in watching a roughly 20 min video of Oppenheimer being interviewed, this one is great:

Forum Pro