Oppenheimer - General Information

The upcoming epic thriller based on J. Robert Oppenheimer, the enigmatic man who must risk destroying the world in order to save it.
LeoCobb wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 4:27 pm

But I agree with " ton of people grew weary of Chris`s towering reputation as the current biggest directorial name in the industry".
Cameron's first name is Chris? I thought it was James.

Master Virgo wrote:
September 19th, 2021, 8:41 pm
LeoCobb wrote:

But I agree with " ton of people grew weary of Chris`s towering reputation as the current biggest directorial name in the industry".
:lol:

I was kinda hoping that his next movie will be another elegant scifi-thriller-action, I guess I have to wait a little bit longer. I hope this Oppenheimer project is not just another war movie, I really hope it will be multi-layered with that Nolanesque touch of depth and characters driven. No more clean-slate protagonist mumbo jumbo (I really detest JDW acting to be honest, can he even do a natural expression?)

I hope Nolan will bring another great experience like The Dark Knight or Inception.

Master Virgo wrote:
LeoCobb wrote:

i see what you did there haha, but james cameron hasnt directed a film in what, 12 years ?
his name has faded from mainstream notoriety, conversations amongst my friends rarely if ever bring his name up anymore, as much as i like his work, right now, to me he`s the guy who shoved 3d down everyone`s throat come Avatar`s release, and his best work is over 20 years behind us, it also doesnt help that all he seems interested to direct are Avatar sequels.

Nicolaslabra wrote:
September 20th, 2021, 5:33 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
LeoCobb wrote:

i see what you did there haha, but james cameron hasnt directed a film in what, 12 years ?
his name has faded from mainstream notoriety, conversations amongst my friends rarely if ever bring his name up anymore, as much as i like his work, right now, to me he`s the guy who shoved 3d down everyone`s throat come Avatar`s release, and his best work is over 20 years behind us, it also doesnt help that all he seems interested to direct are Avatar sequels.
People said this about Avatar in 2009. He hasn’t directed a movie in 12 years. Then boom Avatar dropped.

Forum Pro

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
September 20th, 2021, 8:34 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:
Master Virgo wrote:

People said this about Avatar in 2009. He hasn’t directed a movie in 12 years. Then boom Avatar dropped.
and we all know what Avatar is, a bunch of breathtaking VFX, and little else, granted the Box office success is undeniable, but will people go watch the same stuff again for a sequel ? i think the avatar gimmick has wore off

Nicolaslabra wrote:
September 21st, 2021, 12:58 am
Jesus of Suburbia wrote:
September 20th, 2021, 8:34 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:

and we all know what Avatar is, a bunch of breathtaking VFX, and little else, granted the Box office success is undeniable, but will people go watch the same stuff again for a sequel ? i think the avatar gimmick has wore off
I used to think so. I think Avatar 2 will be absolutely breathtaking and marvellous. It won't just be a repeat of what made Avatar successful. Anticipating it more than Nolan's next right now.

different kicks for different people i guess, for me, nothing that comes out of Avatars creative universe warrants much thought or interest in me, i think that what James is trying to do with Avatar is a story or a world better shown or expressed through a video game, if Cameron himself directed a video game ala Kojima, i would be full in on that.