Video Games

A place to discuss music and video games.
But City is better than Asylum.

ChristNolan wrote:But City is better than Asylum.
Gameplay wise but not story wise.

Ever since the announcement of Fallout 4, i've been in RPG mood.

I've been going through FF13 and Skyrim. And maybe Fable 3 later.

slimshady247 wrote:
Master Virgo wrote:
slimshady247 wrote:Still find Asylum to be the best in the series.
Agreed, haven't played Knight though yet.£
It's pretty great at times, and is significantly more consistent than City.

Indeed, it comes much closer to Asylum than City does, while ultimately representing both the best (Asylum) and worst (City) of Rocksteady in one game.

You'll see what I mean when you play it.
I wish I could come up with an adequate condescending response to this but thats just too much work for me right now.

Bacon idk how you think the Joker trying to create an army of crazed giants is better than Arkham City's story but whatever. Asylum has a great atmosphere but the story is meh. I'm not sure why I'm even posting this since I have no gaming console.

While I view Origins as being the best in the series... I'm very happy with seeing so many people having different favorites for different reasons. It's the most positive thing because it speaks a lot about this franchise and how good it is. How similar yet so different all games are that they fill the needs and expectations of larger variety of people than usual. No Arkham game is bad from the first 3 that I played and each Arkham game has things the other two games could look up to.

City and Origins had better graphics, better gameplay and were far more grand in scope and yet they weren't better than Asylum for me simply because of the memorability factor. The Scarecrow parts are still unmatched by anything in the franchise and also because of the fact that the first game was fresh and immersive while the sequels were pretty much more of the same thing with some additional stuff. And those additions never seemed enough to me.

It could've helped if they would have focused on a few villains like how Asylum did, instead of showing a glimpse of so many, some of them hardly that interesting.£

ChristNolan wrote:But City is better than Asylum.
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
Bacon wrote: Gameplay wise but not story wise.
Don't agree.
dafox wrote: I wish I could come up with an adequate condescending response to this but thats just too much work for me right now.

Bacon idk how you think the Joker trying to create an army of crazed giants is better than Arkham City's story but whatever. Asylum has a great atmosphere but the story is meh. I'm not sure why I'm even posting this since I have no gaming console.
lol k

And it's certainly better than blow everyone the fuck up, haha.

RIFA & Master Virgo: Agreed.

slimshady247 wrote:
dafox wrote: I wish I could come up with an adequate condescending response to this but thats just too much work for me right now.

lol k

And it's certainly better than blow everyone the fuck up, haha.
I guess Arkham Asylum's story is better than TDKR.

dafox wrote: I guess Arkham Asylum's story is better than TDKR.
lolwut

Rises or Returns, haha?

slimshady247 wrote:
dafox wrote: I guess Arkham Asylum's story is better than TDKR.
lolwut

Rises or Returns, haha?
That really flew right over your head.