Video Games

A place to discuss music and video games.
User avatar
Posts: 21411
Joined: June 2010
Location: All-Hail Master Virgo, Censor of NolanFans
Bioshock isn't really horror. It's more like creepy and aesthetically disturbing.

User avatar
Posts: 26105
Joined: June 2011
RIFA wrote:Bioshock isn't really horror. It's more like creepy and aesthetically disturbing.
But more so in 1, correct? Everything in 1 is darker and it all just looks more disturbing. I can handle some disturbing elements, but Infinite seems more...fun.

User avatar
Posts: 4067
Joined: May 2014
Location: [insert non-spoilery location here, that wasn't a spoiler to begin with]
Not that my opinion matters....
But I enjoyed Bioshock A LOT more than Bioshock: Infinite.

User avatar
Posts: 21411
Joined: June 2010
Location: All-Hail Master Virgo, Censor of NolanFans
Bacon wrote:
RIFA wrote:Bioshock isn't really horror. It's more like creepy and aesthetically disturbing.
But more so in 1, correct? Everything in 1 is darker and it all just looks more disturbing. I can handle some disturbing elements, but Infinite seems more...fun.
Yeah 1 is darker. It's kind of like Dark City if you've seen the film.

Infinite is more light with it's visuals but I would argue it's just as disturbing actually.

Point is playing Infinite without playing the first one is pretty much a no-no. Either you buckle up for both or forget about it.

User avatar
Posts: 3038
Joined: December 2012
Bacon wrote:I don't play many triple A games from the year, but Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes have both been a heck of a lot of fun. Shadow of Mordor also looks great from the bits and pieces of it I've played.

EDIT: Encore sale is today. So Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is $5.99. Probably going to buy it.

Should I get BioShock Infinite?
Mordor is fantastic. Infinite does work better having played Bioshock. It's not that disturbing.

User avatar
Posts: 26105
Joined: June 2011
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is now mine.

EDIT: And it runs well. So I have a lot of Metal Gear to play. MGS4, MGSV:GZ, MGS:PW, MGR:R. Oh man, I love this.

Posts: 7448
Joined: February 2012
Bacon wrote:Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is now mine.

EDIT: And it runs well. So I have a lot of Metal Gear to play. MGS4, MGSV:GZ, MGS:PW, MGR:R. Oh man, I love this.
Prepare to experience one of the best soundtracks in recent memory.


User avatar
Posts: 16716
Joined: March 2012
Having just completed Arkham City again, I hope they resolve the
Azrael and Hush subplots from the first.

I mean I assume Scarecrow is the threat Azrael was talking about but he said that 'you will burn too'. I don't think they'll actually kill Batman (even purely for gameplay purposes like New Game Plus and picking up spare Riddler trophies and stuff), but I'm wondering how exactly the Order of St. Dumas will function in the story.

I also know that Red Hood has campaign DLC, so hopefully that means he has a part in the plot as well.

User avatar
Forum Pro
Posts: 55544
Joined: May 2010
Location: Arrakis
darthnazgul wrote:
Bacon wrote:Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is now mine.

EDIT: And it runs well. So I have a lot of Metal Gear to play. MGS4, MGSV:GZ, MGS:PW, MGR:R. Oh man, I love this.
Prepare to experience one of the best soundtracks in recent memory.

Even though I'm not that big on MGR:R, the soundtrack is godlike. :clap:

User avatar
Posts: 1682
Joined: November 2012
Minecraft 1.7.2 Server IP: 24.140.50.79:25565

Locked