Video Games

A place to discuss music and video games.
So for those who played Wolf Among Us, how did you guys play Bigby as? I made him a huge asshole.

SilverHeart wrote:So for those who played Wolf Among Us, how did you guys play Bigby as? I made him a huge asshole.
I made him polite and generous, but also short-tempered. It made
the trial scene
especially tense.

I beat the shit out of everyone. Except
Tweedledee, oddly, during the interrogation, but after that I treated pretty much everyone like shit. I even sent Toad to the farm (I kept Colin though)

Telltale Game Of Thrones.
The decision making is all an illusion. That's understandable considering Game Of Thrones is so ridiculously plot heavy that the smallest decision would impact every aspect of the game. So the game leads you along, giving what is alternate discussions that lead into the same direction.
But it's pretty brilliant, and I can't wait for the next episode.

Also, 2/3 of the characters are pretty darn passive. I would complain, but that's classic lower-middle-class Game Of Thrones characters.

I finally beat Dark Souls. Man, what a ride, though I think my sanity was about to break during that last boss battle. :lol:

My girlfriend got me DragonAge: Inquisition for the PS4 for the holidays. She said she overheard me talking about how much I miss the world of Skyrim and just playing that game (even though it was repetitive, it was extremely immersive), so she got the closest thing to it she was recommended. Played it for a bit, and so far it's okay. Graphics are pretty "meh" outside of the actual characters, the story so far is pretty average and straight forward, and the VO work isn't anything to write home about. Gameplay is ehh, Skyrim's was more chaotic but it felt more visceral than this does. I've also came across quite a few bugs already, one of which was really annoying. It wouldn't let me use the toggle wheel to pick my response during a dialogue scene and all of the HUD layouts were still up on the screen. Hopefully I don't re-encounter this later on.

It has that same basic feel that all Bioware games have like the Mass Effect series, so it's definitely no open world extravaganza like Bethesda's works. But, I'll keep playing it and see if I get more into it. I'm certainly not going to say I don't like it because she'll feel like shit for getting it.

ChristNolan wrote:My girlfriend got me DragonAge: Inquisition for the PS4 for the holidays. She said she overheard me talking about how much I miss the world of Skyrim and just playing that game (even though it was repetitive, it was extremely immersive), so she got the closest thing to it she was recommended. Played it for a bit, and so far it's okay. Graphics are pretty "meh" outside of the actual characters, the story so far is pretty average and straight forward, and the VO work isn't anything to write home about. Gameplay is ehh, Skyrim's was more chaotic but it felt more visceral than this does. I've also came across quite a few bugs already, one of which was really annoying. It wouldn't let me use the toggle wheel to pick my response during a dialogue scene and all of the HUD layouts were still up on the screen. Hopefully I don't re-encounter this later on.

It has that same basic feel that all Bioware games have like the Mass Effect series, so it's definitely no open world extravaganza like Bethesda's works. But, I'll keep playing it and see if I get more into it. I'm certainly not going to say I don't like it because she'll feel like shit for getting it.
I'm getting Dragon Age Inquisition for the holidays as well, I hope I'll like it.

Man I'm still thinking about Wolf Among Us. So fantastic. By far my favorite thing Telltale's done.
I looked online and saw that rumor has it Season 2 won't be till 2016 since they'll be busy with Game of Thrones, Walking Dead and Borderlands. Shame.

Is DragonAge: Inquisition a slow burner? I mean story and gameplay wise.

Havoc1st wrote:Is DragonAge: Inquisition a slow burner? I mean story and gameplay wise.
Yes. You just have to take your time with it. Don't rush it nor try to play it like Skyrim but play it as it comes.