Halo Universe Discussion Thread by 343i

A place to discuss music and video games.
PowerDump wrote:
MSUspartans2211 wrote:
I don't understand the hype regarding FPS on a PC vs. a console. I know the graphics capabilities are much better, but I prefer having a controller versus a keyboard.

Halo is what made the Xbox, I honestly wouldn't have one without Halo. One of my personal favorite franchises. Cannot wait for Halo 4.
I agree, and believe it or not that is why I would hate to do PC gaming. I really dislike a keyboard and mouse and I would instantly buy a controller and be disadvantaged online against PC players.
Exactly. I personally love having a console.

IGN just revealed that 343 isn't planning a beta for Halo 4. Wonder if it means anything?

RIFA wrote:
m4st4 wrote:Second, they didn't tone nothing, they just abandoned PC as a platform,
Once you move a PC FPS to Consoles then you obviously toned down the gameplay.
Not if said FPS is MADE for consoles. ;) I prefer HALO over lots of FPSs from PC.
"A big ball of wibbly wobbly, timey wimey stuff."

m4st4 wrote:
RIFA wrote:
Not if said FPS is MADE for consoles. ;) I prefer HALO over lots of FPSs from PC.
Yeah you have a point. I love Battlefield, but I think its made for PC players more than console players. Halo is just timeless to me.

New Chief

MSUspartans2211 wrote:
RIFA wrote:
I don't understand the hype regarding FPS on a PC vs. a console. I know the graphics capabilities are much better, but I prefer having a controller versus a keyboard.

Halo is what made the Xbox, I honestly wouldn't have one without Halo. One of my personal favorite franchises. Cannot wait for Halo 4.
I said that they toned down the gameplay. Why would you bring the graphics? Of course the graphics are better on PC but I don't look at graphics when I compare a game's difficulty in terms of gameplay. First-Person Shooters on Consoles have a much easier gameplay than First-Person Shooters on PC. It's about the mechanics. I said in my initial statement that they chose the console platform instead of making this game competitive on PC. I'm sure Halo would have been one of the best tactical FPS on PC. They didn't do that so now they only live by their legacy (which is the PC Legacy they built) and by their console players demographic.

RIFA wrote:
MSUspartans2211 wrote:

I said that they toned down the gameplay. Why would you bring the graphics? Of course the graphics are better on PC but I don't look at graphics when I compare a game's difficulty in terms of gameplay. First-Person Shooters on Consoles have a much easier gameplay than First-Person Shooters on PC. It's about the mechanics. I said in my initial statement that they chose the console platform instead of making this game competitive on PC. I'm sure Halo would have been one of the best tactical FPS on PC. They didn't do that so now they only live by their legacy (which is the PC Legacy they built) and by their console players demographic.
But that's the point - how can they tone down sandbox gameplay? You can't tone down simulated chaos, you can either like it or don't. Sure, they made it ''easier'', compared to PC FPS games (so called ''sticky'' aim), but hey man - I play on Legendary, how's that for easy? Took me for about two months to complete the third one.

I can play Tsavo Highway 100 times and it will always be at least slightly different experience.

*And what do you mean with ''PC legacy they built?'' - they are the synonym of XBOX Legacy - of course they used some PC techniques for multi but do you think PC when thinking about Halo? No. :)
Last edited by m4st4 on March 9th, 2012, 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

m4st4 wrote:Sure, they made it ''easier'', compared to PC FPS games
thank you. that's because of the mechanics of the game.

EDIT: I don't find that video interesting at all... But I do find this interesting...

Last edited by RIFA on March 9th, 2012, 2:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

RIFA wrote:
m4st4 wrote:Sure, they made it ''easier'', compared to PC FPS games
thank you. that's because of the mechanics of the game.

EDIT: I don't find that video interesting at all... But I do find this interesting...

You also didn't quote my Legendary part... Or Heroic, for that matter. ;) But nevermind.

Edit: I wasn't actually trying to find something interesting, I just searched for Tsavo, playing it on the hardest level makes all the difference in the world.

regarding your legendary question...

I'll just answer by using the description of that video...
After Microsoft decided to discontinue the online service for original Xbox titles, I decided I simply couldn't part with Halo 2 forever. Fortunately, a PC version exists. After having to fight against my computer to get it to work with Windows 7, I was finally able to enjoy the upgraded textures and exclusive content found in the PC version.

Coming from a Xbox player's perspective, the PC version looks and feels natural.The Xbox 360 wired controller works with the game seamlessly. You can tell that as the game goes on, I become more and more comfortable with it. This is more due to the fact that I haven't played in such a long time, rather than the feel not being the same.
What I meant by "PC legacy" was that the gameplay on PC surpassed the one on consoles. PC players all over the world jumped on the Halo bandwagon... that time PC players made Halo even more popular than it already was. When Halo was popular only in the console players world... PC players made it huge in the ww gaming community. Pity that the developers resumed to just a thank you and a patch and didn't invest in PC versions anymore. Then we basically didn't cared anymore for this game. It was like a slap in the face.

RIFA wrote:regarding your legendary question...

I'll just answer by using the description of that video...
What I meant by "PC legacy" was that the gameplay on PC surpassed the one on consoles. PC players all over the world jumped on the Halo bandwagon... that time PC players made Halo even more popular than it already was. When Halo was popular only in the console players world... PC players made it huge in the ww gaming community. Pity that the developers resumed to just a thank you and a patch and didn't invest in PC versions anymore. Then we basically didn't cared anymore for this game. It was like a slap in the face.
I understand. Your POV is from PC version only, that's okay. But let me add something to my POV, just to freshen up my perspective - I only recently started to play Halo. I wasn't there when they released it on the XBOX system, or when Halo 2 roared & rampaged during late XBOX era. Nope, wasn't there when Halo 3 became ''the second coming''. And with Halo: Reach? Yup, pretty much did not have XBOX360 to play with. :-D So, you see, I'm a complete rookie in regards of when I started to play Halo. Wouldn't exactly call it ''bandwagon'' either because I was acting on my own, just wanted to play something that could glue me to screen and let me forget about minutes and hours. Before that, I was a hardcore PC gamer: played it all, FPS, RPG, point and click adventures, RTS, you name it (I still have Sam & Max, Diablo II and Half-Life 2 on my hard drive). Then I decided to ''test drive'' Halo/Halo 2 on my PC... And damn, was I in love or what. After literally three years of deciding to put things down in my gamer section of life (occasionally I did play Arkham Asylum, Uncharted 2 and Bayonetta, stuff like that, unmissable), Halo struck me as genuenly interesting, with greater-than-life story arc (I'm a SciFi sucka) and with characters like Cortana and Masterchief. ''I became... Addicted.'' 8-)

So yeah, it's individual. If I didn't have XBOX I would probably be pissed with their sudden switch to XBOX only policy, but I said what the hell, sold my PS3, bought XBOX360 with only 4GBs and here I am now, placing HALO 3 in my TOP 10 of all times, investment in full circle.