Halo Universe Discussion Thread by 343i

A place to discuss music and video games.

All things HALO, Halo Legacy, HALO 4 and Beyond! 8-)
Feel free to contribute, share you Halo experience (if there's any, not sure how many XBOX360s are here on NF!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Halo 4 Gameplay ViDoc Spring Showcase

How will the developers make Halo 4 live up to the Halo legacy? This would be a good start - actually show us something.

HALO 4 - Interview: Story And Vision

This is the first of a 2 part interview montage and mulitplayer first look.
Last edited by m4st4 on March 23rd, 2015, 6:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

''Red Hot Chili Peppers did a parody of this song.'' :-D

Most overrated game/series of all time.The definition of mediocore.Only my take of course.

Mr. Caine wrote:Most overrated game/series of all time.The definition of mediocore.Only my take of course.
Could be... Because it's also THE game of XBOX/XBOX360 - before ''Halo'' there were no FPS multiplayer games for consoles so of course it brought some light on that level. I like it because I like the world of Halo, especially the characters of Masterchief and Cortana. Sandbox mechanics, epic soundtrack and greater-than-life SciFi story, plus replay value is what made this game for me. I kept returning (especially with HALO 3).

Favourite game ever, I'm a General in Reach and Major Grade 3 in H3. I've never been a devout gamer generally but I really do love this game.

christophmac wrote:Favourite game ever, I'm a General in Reach and Major Grade 3 in H3. I've never been a devout gamer generally but I really do love this game.
Yeah, interesting enough, I've never been what you call a hardcore gamer for any game, I almost always play on Normal and that's it. But with HALO 3? Played it on Heroic for the first time, Legendary after that. It's just... Special for me, the setting is such a vast, approachable, ''real'' universe. :) I wasn't much into multi before Reach, so that gave me a whole new viewpoint of the entire gaming. I know, PC is a given for FPS but I just didnt give a damn; beyond Reach and WOW, haven't been much in a multi world anyway.

I'm late to this party. This site is full of Halo haters but its my favorite franchise of all time.

My favorite Halo games in order:

1. Halo 2 10/10
2. Halo Reach 9.5/10
3. Halo CE 9.5/10
4. Halo 3 9/10
5. Halo 3 ODST 8.8/10
6. Halo CE Anniversary 8.5/10
7. Halo Wars 8/10

My gamertag is Firelord365.

ALL HAIL THE KING! ALL HAIL HALO!

Addicted2Movies wrote:I'm late to this party. This site is full of Halo haters but its my favorite franchise of all time.

My favorite Halo games in order:

1. Halo 2 10/10
2. Halo Reach 9.5/10
3. Halo CE 9.5/10
4. Halo 3 9/10
5. Halo 3 ODST 8.8/10
6. Halo CE Anniversary 8.5/10
7. Halo Wars 8/10

My gamertag is Firelord365.

ALL HAIL THE KING! ALL HAIL HALO!
You're not late, I've made this thread yesterday. :-D And what do you think about the newest development regarding HALO 4? I like how 343 Industries seems to spend their entire working time making it true to what HALO experience really is: freedom of gameplay, moment of awe in the midst of something incredible and staying firm on who the characters are; new mechanics will (hopefully) help them achieve just that.

Halo is one of the most influential series ever and for good reason. Halo 2 was also way ahead of its time for online and if it was online would still have possibly the best online setup for a console game. IMO it was better than the later Halo games (as it had clans and such) and still better than the top online games now.

PowerDump wrote:Halo is one of the most influential series ever and for good reason. Halo 2 was also way ahead of its time for online and if it was online would still have possibly the best online setup for a console game. IMO it was better than the later Halo games (as it had clans and such) and still better than the top online games now.
Agreed. Halo 2 is precious. I just love the endless possibilities on the field. Sure, it's a given with all the latest technology and, most important - AI - but Halo had it all from the start. And, of course, OST by Martin O'Donnell: