The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Official Amazing Thread

A place to discuss music and video games.
mmm no, haven't installed anything since the last time i was on the nexus, which was yesterday

it's the only site that does it right now and i restarted chrome countless times and it's still the same shit

prince0gotham wrote:mmm no, haven't installed anything since the last time i was on the nexus, which was yesterday

it's the only site that does it right now and i restarted chrome countless times and it's still the same shit
nexus is HEAVILY trafficked though at times. Might be simple as that. I have sometimes waited over a minute for one download to start on that site. And yea I just tried it myself..same thing here. No pictures at all. So no worries, its not any faults on your end.

by the way

http://www.trickswindows.com/2011/12/ho ... emory.html

not that it really matters these days for most rigs but seeing some tabs eating like 300mbs is really irritating so this is a nice trick

I used to use a memory reducer for skype some time ago too. I mean regardless of how much RAM you got it's just pointless to let such programs use so much memory. Or maybe a part of me is living in the past and still isn't used to seeing skype eat 150mbs. So I found (lost it eventually though) a memory reducer that made it use 1-5 mbs instead of 150. And it wasn't a scam at all. I mean it didn't even reduce skype performance in anyway. Makes you wonder... Why would they let it use so much memory when a simple program made by some anonymous programmer can make it use like 3% of the default amount of memory it uses.

prince0gotham wrote:by the way

http://www.trickswindows.com/2011/12/ho ... emory.html

not that it really matters these days for most rigs but seeing some tabs eating like 300mbs is really irritating so this is a nice trick

I used to use a memory reducer for skype some time ago too. I mean regardless of how much RAM you got it's just pointless to let such programs use so much memory. Or maybe a part of me is living in the past and still isn't used to seeing skype eat 150mbs. So I found (lost it eventually though) a memory reducer that made it use 1-5 mbs instead of 150. And it wasn't a scam at all. I mean it didn't even reduce skype performance in anyway. Makes you wonder... Why would they let it use so much memory when a simple program made by some anonymous programmer can make it use like 3% of the default amount of memory it uses.
With 16 gigs of RAM nowadays, things like that are a thing of the past for me. I used to free ram etc before, but not anymore.

i know it is, but the skype issue was a part of a bigger picture

i mean it's obvious why they wouldn't want every software to use just as much ram as it really needs

skype isn't anything isolated, add everything else one runs at the same time + a game... see that's why people stack 16 gs of ram while you don't really really really need em, or if you do it's to overcompencate for faulty programming (and those ocasions are super rare)

prince0gotham wrote:i know it is, but the skype issue was a part of a bigger picture

i mean it's obvious why they wouldn't want every software to use just as much ram as it really needs

skype isn't anything isolated, add everything else one runs at the same time + a game... see that's why people stack 16 gs of ram while you don't really really really need em, or if you do it's to overcompencate for faulty programming (and those ocasions are super rare)
I simply got 16 gigs because it was dead cheap. Skype is the least of my problems when it comes to hogging RAM though. EA's Origin has been a bitch lately, hogging almost up to 500mb at times. I just exit and relaunch the hogging apps, easier that way. Chrome handles RAM much better than Firefox albeit hogs more, but it has not crashed on me much so far. And with 16 gigs I dont even have to think about hogging issues because they used to more or less hog my mind in the past.

I have 8gigs of RAM and I'm doing fine... :-D

I couldnt get past the giant spiders
Sigs???

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:I couldnt get past the giant spiders
:lol: :| :lol:

I was prepared to get this game but I've heard it is a bug ridden mess on PS3, so went with Demons and Dark Souls instead. Awesome games.