GTAV

A place to discuss music and video games.

Wait, what?

Exciting because I'd heard nothing solid about this until now, and they've already got a teaser trailer in the works. Well done Rockstar for surprising us.

Was extremely disappointed with GTA4.I hope that this one is alot better.If not...well then I just continue playing red dead redemption.

Mr. Caine wrote:Was extremely disappointed with GTA4.I hope that this one is alot better.If not...well then I just continue playing red dead redemption.
Delete this before Redsmile sees it. And what's dissapointing in it btw?

prince0gotham wrote:
Mr. Caine wrote:Was extremely disappointed with GTA4.I hope that this one is alot better.If not...well then I just continue playing red dead redemption.
Delete this before Redsmile sees it. And what's dissapointing in it btw?
Everything :lol: Older GTA's was some of the if not the most entertaining game's ever made.Not to mention incredible atmosphere,music, and soul.GTA4 was boring,dull souless crap that failed to give me any of the things that gta3,vice city and san andreas did.

I wasn't disappointed with the first storyline (Nico), but I thought the motorbike DLC was really poor. But then the Gay Tony DLC was absolutely crazy in terms of stunts and set-pieces so it made up for it.
When I think back, I played GTA4 so much... and was absolutely blown away by how detailed and large the city was. Sure, having to do 'normal' things like playing pool and going to eat with friend characters to unlock their abilities was lame, but so much of the game was just stunning that I can let it be. Just think about the first time you crossed the bridge into the centre.

I played RDR and traded it back within a month. Interesting and a cool aesthetic, but having to continuously tap A to kick your panting horse across a desert... to get to another patch of desert. Yeah, that was just as fun as having to go bowling with a depressed gangsta.

To wildly speculate though, the V and scroll on the GTAV logo looks like something you'd find on an American political artefact, so... Washington (*cough*White House*cough*)? 1920s (unlikely)?

thedisabledcubicle wrote:I played RDR and traded it back within a month. Interesting and a cool aesthetic, but having to continuously tap A to kick your panting horse across a desert... to get to another patch of desert. Yeah, that was just as fun as having to go bowling with a depressed gangsta.
You don't have to tap A. Hold it.

EDIT:
Older GTA's was some of the if not the most entertaining game's ever made.Not to mention incredible atmosphere,music, and soul. GTA4 was boring, dull souless crap that failed to give me any of the things that gta3, vice city and san andreas did.
IMO GTA IV's a great game, but compared to the richness of San Andreas, (music, mission variation, world size, etc) it's nothing.
Last edited by ThePhantomTerror on October 25th, 2011, 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

If rockstar would go back to vice city I would shit my pants.

HOLY SHIT!

I'm like, the biggest fucking fan of this franchise. I adored the fourth, the two episodes and stuff, this is gonna be amazing. I'm so fucking excited, I've been hoping for this announcement for a very long time.

I hope they go back to Vice City, too. It'd be great, but I wouldn't mind a brand new city, or even London.

I've been dying for London too. Was dissapointed when they scrapped the Getaway a few years back.

JohnWayne wrote:I've been dying for London too. Was dissapointed when they scrapped the Getaway a few years back.
I agree. I loved the first two games on the PS2, they were great fun. I was really sad when the cancelled the third because the teaser trailer was great, I was really hyped.