Cyberpunk 2077

A place to discuss music and video games.

i think if this game hadn't been released during covid the backlash wouldn't be as strong cause everyone is equal parts nuts and bored rn

Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
January 17th, 2021, 10:13 pm
i think if this game hadn't been released during covid the backlash wouldn't be as strong cause everyone is equal parts nuts and bored rn
Honestly man, maybe a bit but in general I don't think so. It's just a broken game that didn't deliver on a lot of what it promised, even months before release. Consumers don't love being lied to in a chronic, pre-meditated and exploitative way.

-Vader

not like this is the first giant buggy rpg tho, but i dont remember bethesda getting any lawsuits

CDPR isn't getting lawsuit because they sold a half-baked buggy game to people.

CDPR is getting sued because they said game was fully playable in January 2020, went whole year pretending they're just working on bug fixing and polishing, and then released a half-baked buggy game. Investors who took them for their word for a whole year lost money after the game was launched.
According to the lawsuit, defendants throughout the Class Period made false and/or misleading statements and/or failed to disclose that: (1) Cyberpunk 2077 was virtually unplayable on the current-generation Xbox or Playstation systems due to an enormous number of bugs; (2) as a result, Sony would remove Cyberpunk 2077 from the Playstation store, and Sony, Microsoft and CD Projekt would be forced to offer full refunds for the game; (3) consequently, CD Projekt would suffer reputational and pecuniary harm; and (4) as a result, defendants’ statements about its business, operations, and prospects, were materially false and misleading and/or lacked a reasonable basis at all relevant times. When the true details entered the market, the lawsuit claims that investors suffered damages.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/ ... rojekt-S.A.
You don't fuck with rich people's money. #Cyberpunk #Meta

Yeah. CDPR is getting sued because they're a publicly traded company and misled both the public and their own investors. Poland's Securities and Exchange Commission is probably building a case against them right now as well.

It's essentially identical to this situation, but CDPR was misleading via their natural course of marketing and not on twitter: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... h-it-fines

And sadly, the bugs are the least of 2077s issues. It's a game with a "choice" system that barely impacts anything, no customization, a massive open world with nothing to do, some of the worst A.I. in modern gaming history, and a general lack of polish on every level. Most of these are features they repeatedly hyped up not just years before release, but things they lied about months before release. ....And onto that as many, or more, serious bugs and crashes than loads of other big gaming flubs and you have a recipe for disaster.

-Vader

i'm certainly not saying the game isnt messy. i think releasing on last gen consoles was super burnt, and that you could see this all coming with their "il'll pay you back next week i swear" attitude, but i feel if you polled the millions of people just playing the game on their thoughts it would paint a less vitriolic picture