Cyberpunk 2077

A place to discuss music and video games.
ognna wait till there's an edition with all the dlcs. have enough games on steam to deal with this mess.

Looks like PS5 shipment delay into January from my local retailer was a blessing. And I will definitely play Demon Souls and Miles first after this mess with Cyberpunk.

Vader182 wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 10:13 pm
I honestly don't know if the problem is bad game design (though there is plenty of that) so much as designing a world that flat out can't run with consistent graphical fidelity on current consoles. I'll post more thoughts later, but overall I love the game. There are compromises, though.

If I was smart, I'd wait until the PS5 "next gen" patch.

PS, I sold my PS4 Pro for like $330 a few months ago. The net price of my PS5 was like... $200. Food for thought.

-Vader
yeah, my local game store is doing like 300 for the pro trade-in cash. so i’m definitely considering upgrading soon-ish

but yeah, i’m interested in hearing your thoughts - though i would argue creating a gamr that can’t run with current technology is by definition bad game design. but still, i’m sure the core game is excellent... if you can get it to run okay lol

The game subreddit is full of complaints about AI behaviour. Not sure I'd call that excellent.

Also, you can't modify your character once you've left character creation screen. No haircuts or tattoos etc. I remember GTA:SA had that and that game was released 16 years ago.

Yeah some aspects of the game are a far cry from what CDPR promised. Instead of being "the next generation of open world adventure" the simulation aspect is literally worse than any GTA game from the PS2 era, and interactivity is severely limited. General gameplay systems aren't revolutionary either but good enough I suppose, while writing and visuals are even better (unless you're on base consoles).

It's like The Witcher 3 in a lot of ways, but there the shortcomings in the open world aspect weren't as relevant due to the setting. In a futuristic megacity more diverse situations can arise and AI behaviour and world interactivily become much more important. Police is the worst, they spawn right next to you and can't even chase you because there's literally no driving AI.

I hate FPP games so I wouldn't have played it any way but the amount of bugs and glitches most be disappoitning for people who bought the game.

Inside Cyberpunk 2077's Disastrous Rollout
Interviews with more than 20 current and former CD Projekt staff, most of whom requested anonymity so as not to risk their careers, depict a development process marred by unchecked ambition, poor planning and technical shortcomings. Employees, discussing the game’s creation for the first time, described a company that focused on marketing at the expense of development, and an unrealistic timeline that pressured some into working extensive overtime long before the final push.