Cyberpunk 2077

A place to discuss music and video games.
whelp

-Vader

I see the reviews are pretty good but the stock of CD Projekt Red has been going down. Any news on why? Are sales disappointing?

LelekPL wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 5:41 pm
I see the reviews are pretty good but the stock of CD Projekt Red has been going down. Any news on why? Are sales disappointing?
The core game is pretty amazing (so far anyway), but they released it in an incomplete state. Even on PC there's serious performance and lighting issues, and bugs galore. On last gen systems, very serious bugs, crashing, and performance issues. Even on next gen on PS5 and Series X there are serious issues as well. It's a mess. They should've delayed until April 2021 at least.

-Vader

just wrote out a long review of this, only to be logged out when i hit submit

lol fuck this website
but yea, i'm having fun so far. that said, the games a mess and feels ancient. like a 2012 rpg. the game mechanics suck ass but the world itself is awesome.

This made me laugh.

yea imma wait for the proverbial game of the year edition

also waiting till i build an editing rig

people can “last gen” all they want but this is just piss poor game design - these were announced and to be released on ps4/xbox

if i have to buy a high end machine to experience a *working* version, that’s elitist gatekeeping, and a tech showcase, not a video game

last of us 2 in many ways looks better than this, and while not perfect, the base ps4 version isn’t crippled to unplayability

Apparently the new patch (just out a few hours ago) makes a massive difference. On PS5 it's a mixed bag too.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 10:04 pm
Apparently the new patch (just out a few hours ago) makes a massive difference. On PS5 it's a mixed bag too.

-Vader
that’s something i guess

but man, you’re telling me if i bought a 500 dollar next gen machine right now it’s still a “mixed bag”?

i have a ps4 pro so i’m definitely waiting on this one for a while

I honestly don't know if the problem is bad game design (though there is plenty of that) so much as designing a world that flat out can't run with consistent graphical fidelity on current consoles. I'll post more thoughts later, but overall I love the game. There are compromises, though.

If I was smart, I'd wait until the PS5 "next gen" patch.

PS, I sold my PS4 Pro for like $330 a few months ago. The net price of my PS5 was like... $200. Food for thought.

-Vader