God of War (PS4): The Godfather

A place to discuss music and video games.
Anyone here
killed the Valkyrie Queen
or got the platinum trophy yet?
Only have that and the
Niflheim Trials
left to do, but I'm nervous if I'll actually be good enough to do it :lol:

Peripheral wrote:
May 8th, 2018, 7:20 am
Anyone here
Only have that and the
Niflheim Trials
I’ve beaten them all... except The Queen. I feel like level 7 is mandatory to even attempt to survive THAT beastie, she is insane. Like Dark Souls/Bloodborne toughest insane.

Peripheral wrote:
May 8th, 2018, 7:20 am
Anyone here
Only have that and the
Niflheim Trials
I am almost done with the platinum trophy.
I have one Valkyrie and the queen left to do. I am dying to do another playthrough but really want to do it with a game plus mode. I am hoping they patch that in soon.

I did end up getting the platinum last night but regret turning the difficulty down to easy for the
Valkyrie Queen
after reading so many comments elsewhere about it being ridiculously heard even on easy. I was at level 8 and beat it first try so perhaps I could've attempted on normal after all. Such a great game though; nearly every aspect of it was amazing. Already excited to see if/when there's a follow-up!

Peripheral wrote:
May 9th, 2018, 12:44 pm
I did end up getting the platinum last night but regret turning the difficulty down to easy for the
Valkyrie Queen
after reading so many comments elsewhere about it being ridiculously heard even on easy. I was at level 8 and beat it first try so perhaps I could've attempted on normal after all. Such a great game though; nearly every aspect of it was amazing. Already excited to see if/when there's a follow-up!
Did you go back to...
...the hut, for the real ending? ;)

m4st4 wrote:
May 9th, 2018, 1:29 pm
Peripheral wrote:
May 9th, 2018, 12:44 pm
Valkyrie Queen
Did you go back to...
...the hut, for the real ending? ;)
Whaaaa?! No, I don't think so. I just sold
the Queen's helmet
and thought it was completely over. I'll have a look at some point soon, is it just back
at the home where you start?

Dude, get yo ass back there and report back. ;)
just enter the shack

i beat the main story yesterday and it’s so good, but i was very dissatisfied with the variety of boss encounters or complete lack there of

Just beat it, a truly great game that’s up there with the best (and it is the best God of War). It looks like they give you a ton to do after you beat it which is great. It probably is the best looking console game for me right now. From what I’ve played, it’s detail is second to none (like realistic cobwebs in a side tomb where most people probably won’t even notice them) which puts it ahead of something like Horizon Zero Dawn for me (it probably will get trumped by The Last of Us 2 though lol).

What’s interesting about this game, is even though it is soooo good, it feels like it’s possible for them to build off of this and make an even better sequel with some of the things we have to look forward to.

Cory Barlog better be directing the sequel/sequels.

Michaelf2225 wrote:
May 16th, 2018, 8:28 am
i beat the main story yesterday and it’s so good, but i was very dissatisfied with the variety of boss encounters or complete lack there of
I just finished too and while it's an all timer for sure, hard same. Particularly since I made the mistake of thinking we'd get to:
Thor and Odin in this game, instead of just being sequel bait
so I spent the whole game kind of mystified the boss encounters weren't more dynamic. Especially since I found most boss encounters easier to beat than swarm-enemy ones.

-Vader