is Kanye West our generation's MJ?

A place to discuss music and video games.
talli wrote:
RomanM wrote:Are you fucking kidding me with this question? Are you FUCKING kidding me?!

I love Kanye too, but MICHAEL JACKSON ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Done.

why not?
why? :)

Jonas Agersø wrote:
talli wrote:
why not?
why? :)

well because his music is great...and incredibly original for mainstream....and i have yet to see somebody with so much stage presence, energy, and spontaneity on stage

i could careless about how he is as a person... but based on the response, i can tell some of you guys have trouble looking at him objectively as an artist

Um, no. I just think, other than Goldigger, that his music sucks.

This has to be the most pointless thread ever, his music isn't even any good. Look! He rhymed the word night with night! He's so fresh and original! He's our MJ! :lol: :roll:

haters gonna hate

but no he isnt this generations MJ (we dont need one)

he's Kanye West

College Dropout, Late Registration, and Graduation are better than most albums out there. One of the best producers ever

talli wrote:]well because his music is great...and incredibly original for mainstream....
I wouldn't say ALL of his music is exactly original

"Stronger" didn't copy daft punk at all.........

movieman1005 wrote:
talli wrote:]well because his music is great...and incredibly original for mainstream....
I wouldn't say ALL of his music is exactly original

"Stronger" didn't copy daft punk at all.........
never heard of sampling?

So what you're telling me is sampling + audio tune + rhyming the same word= original.

Let me clear it for you, Talli.

There was Shakerspeare and then there was Michael Jackson. - Now who the heck is Kanye West?

I have always liked Kanye West but saying that me is our gens MJ is a bit of a stretch. But he is no doubt one of the most influential artist of our time. BTW he released new free full length tracks from his new album via twitter.
Why you lurking my page brah?