Destiny 2

A place to discuss music and video games.

Lots more goodies from the stream today on the official YT channel. Looks like it'll finally be a fully realized game experience on top of everything it alread was since vanilla. I was thinking we could potentially use this thread for future NF clan.

I definitely understand the criticism out there tho. This does look like just an expansion for the first game. And the 30fps thing is such a meh. Although I hope for PC 60fps is a given because otherwise the entire PC community will trash this on first occasion.

Then again recycling the winning formula worked for Activision before. *cough*Call Of Duty*cough* But I hope this won't become a COD thing that we'll see a recycled game every 2 years now. I do hope Activision is more serious about this than they were about COD.

I'm mildly excited only because it comes for PC. And not having played the first one gives me a boost of confidence as I won't personally care if it's the same game or not.

RIFA wrote:Then again recycling the winning formula worked for Activision before. *cough*Call Of Duty*cough* But I hope this won't become a COD thing that we'll see a recycled game every 2 years now. I do hope Activision is more serious about this than they were about COD.
Well it's "Activision Blizzard" now, and if it's more of the Blizzard formula and less of the Activision formlula, we'll get a great game. I don't think it's fair to pull the COD card on a franchise that release a new game every three years. Maybe the graphics and interface looks similar, but I'd rather have that if it works and the fans really like it instead of the shitty thing they do with CoD, where they always need to upgrade the tech and guns and maps and stuff to a point where it just becomes too much. (I would also like to point out that CoD games comes out every year, and it's 3 years since Destiny came out. It was also three years between the first three Halo games, which were also developed by Bungie.)

From what I've heard the first Destiny game weren't great when it first game out, but after they pushed out some content for it, it became really solid. And now that the game also comes out on PC they will have an even bigger audience, and a greater reason to be active with updates. There is a reason why WoW is the greatest MMORPG out there. The amount of content released increased exponentially with the player base. And Bungie is a really solid game company, I just don't see them fail this.

Nobody is pulling the COD card yet. I'm reiterating what people are saying so far. That this franchise should not be approached in the same manner as COD regardless if the games come out every 1 or 3 years. And it's a fair thing to wish for.

As for Bungie, while great and all, they sure have their fair share of criticism since they were always hit and miss with their Halo franchise. I hope Destiny 2 is more of a hit since the first one was more of a miss in terms of reception for the vanilla game. The reception indeed improved with each additional content released.

Like I said, personally I don't care if this second one is the same game with maybe more SP missions because I haven't played the first one. But I can definitely see how that might scare some fans of the franchise.

Uncapped FPS for PC confirmed.

But you can only have one destiny
:P

An Activision representative confirmed for us today that Destiny 2 on PC does not currently have a scheduled release date, and will not release on September 8 alongside the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game.
what

a

bummer