Red Dead Redemption 2

A place to discuss music and video games.
Only MP2 and 3 launched within a 1 month window on all platforms. Every other Rockstar game had a difference from 6 to 12+ months so no, it's not some conspicary. They've been doing this since the beginning, I bet it's just more cost efficient for them.

The tears of PC elitists are delicious.

and another thing about RDR2 not on PC ...

like, why? what's the problem exactly? can't be competition, consoles still sell like hotcakes, and there's still this huge "PC gaming is so expensive" invisible barrier that doesn't seem to be going away

nahm sayn?

-Cilogist

I never got into the first game, but I wouldn't mind giving this sequel a try.

Cilogy wrote:and another thing about RDR2 not on PC ...

like, why? what's the problem exactly? can't be competition, consoles still sell like hotcakes, and there's still this huge "PC gaming is so expensive" invisible barrier that doesn't seem to be going away

nahm sayn?

-Cilogist
Like you said before, GTA V PC was rebuilt from the ground up. That shit is a lot of work. The last time Rockstar released a PC version of a game around the same time as the console release, (Max Payne 3) it wasn't exactly successful.

I'd say there's a good chance of a PC port down the line somewhere but for now, it's just console.

Cilogy wrote:and another thing about RDR2 not on PC ...

nahm sayn?

-Cilogist
ah tole ya, its a cost efficiency / QA thing (assuming itll release on pc)

console is always a priority with every Rockstar game and it doesn't seem to be affected by whether a game would be popular on pc or not

actually i came here to post this but the brat distracted me

ChristNolan wrote: Red Dead Revolver
Red Dead Redemption
Red Dead Redemption 2

??????
Pretty mild compared to

Dark Forces
Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

prince0gotham wrote:Only MP2 and 3 launched within a 1 month window on all platforms. Every other Rockstar game had a difference from 6 to 12+ months so no, it's not some conspicary. They've been doing this since the beginning, I bet it's just more cost efficient for them.
Speaking of which, I'm curious how they run their shit.

I mean, they definitely don't dive in EA kind of money but they still have big bucks considering the sales of their games.

Like how much do their games really cost vs. what kind of infrastructure they have is what interests me. Unfortunately that's pretty hard to find out so... :(

Meanwhile... next week.

gta v costed 250