Red Dead Redemption 2

A place to discuss music and video games.
I like more or less everything in it but hate the economy and the camp management

Also the bow only mode is amazing

Hate the griefing bits, as expected though

been ignoring news about RDO, but so far it sounds just as irritating and grindy as GTAO

doesn't seem like it's worth paying for PS Plus just for this

Fuck I didn't want Arthur to die. I loved this character so much it's heartbreaking. :cry:

so I beat this and it's a masterpiece, but a question on the epilogue(s) for those that beat the game:
Did anyone else feel the farming activities, which take up the bulk of Epilogue 1 and the first half of Epilogue 2, are too easy, too game-y, and too montage-y? once you start an activity you do it for 15 seconds before you get a montage with the thing already done.

the whole point of that stuff is that it's hard as fuck on John, and also boring, and he has to do it anyway to live up to Arthur's legacy

it also feels a little "easy" how you happen into Charles and Uncle and Sadie, and how just about nothing goes wrong, etc. I dunno, the whole game is about hyper-realism and literalism and "earning" everything, from the drama to the mechanics, and the epilogues, specifically "about" "earning" something, makes it all come too easy.

I wish they doubled down and gave as much depth and patience to those mechanics as the game gave to hunting or fishing or camp management, only for the farm, and made the plot with Charles/Uncle/Sadie messier.

is this just me?

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 7:38 pm
so I beat this and it's a masterpiece, but a question on the epilogue(s) for those that beat the game:
Did anyone else feel the farming activities, which take up the bulk of Epilogue 1 and the first half of Epilogue 2, are too easy, too game-y, and too montage-y? once you start an activity you do it for 15 seconds before you get a montage with the thing already done.

the whole point of that stuff is that it's hard as fuck on John, and also boring, and he has to do it anyway to live up to Arthur's legacy

it also feels a little "easy" how you happen into Charles and Uncle and Sadie, and how just about nothing goes wrong, etc. I dunno, the whole game is about hyper-realism and literalism and "earning" everything, from the drama to the mechanics, and the epilogues, specifically "about" "earning" something, makes it all come too easy.

I wish they doubled down and gave as much depth and patience to those mechanics as the game gave to hunting or fishing or camp management, only for the farm, and made the plot with Charles/Uncle/Sadie messier.

is this just me?

-Vader
I completely understand what you're saying, but I think Rockstar must have felt that would've been a bit too boring for the average gamer.

Vader182 wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 7:38 pm

is this just me?

-Vader
NATHAN DRAKE IS HITLER ADMIT IT

Vaderino
I have a feeling R* didn't want to "lose" people with that.

Though I agree I didnt like how quickly it went by. I wanted to feel the grind of it because when the game opens up later, you really miss the wild even more. It also adds more to that theme of John being a man torn between 2 different lives

Started over with the intent to 100% this shit

hoo boah, this'll be a long one

wish this had a new game plus, cuz that what made my repeat of TW3 so great

Finally finished the story.
never thought a hat would give me emotions but here we are

Last edited by CoolwhipSpecial on December 14th, 2018, 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.