Red Dead Redemption 2

A place to discuss music and video games.
as long as you eat and sleep IN the game Cil it's okay to let your body decay

I too get Josh Brolin vibes from Arthur

-Vader

My Arthur currently, end of chapter 3:

🕷️

Sulleeeeey

Anyway im at the end of 3 too and I realized going through this is more like going through an 8 season long show than a video game

Dutch, why are you selling rocks as gold to these fine people? 🕷

Have started talking to the Cat as Dutch, with the intentional voice breaks.

Am also half expecting letterbox bars to come in when I chat with someone.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
November 5th, 2018, 1:24 am
Have started talking to the Cat as Dutch, with the intentional voice breaks.

Am also half expecting letterbox bars to come in when I chat with someone.
This is what I do.

🕷

This game is so much. I dont think my body and mind will be ready when the credits roll

jesus christ would you just please fucking let me catch this motherfucking legendary fish already I mean how long to I have to spend and how many different types of bait do I have to go through this is the only thing I have left in life holy fishfuck

Cilogy wrote:
November 5th, 2018, 10:45 am
jesus christ would you just please fucking let me catch this motherfucking legendary fish already I mean how long to I have to spend and how many different types of bait do I have to go through this is the only thing I have left in life holy fishfuck
In that Kieran side/mini-mission that leads you to the legendary fishing spot near the camp in CH3

after Kieran left and because I had no adequate lure I just waited for it to get near land (observed it in Eagle Eye) and just killed it with a throwing knife

the game didn't register it as "fishing" I think so I just donated it to the camp but I killed that scaly fucker which is what counts

anyway

I want to love this game but there are things that happen here and there that just keep killing the momentum.

For example:

When I do the cinematic traveling where you can put the game in auto-pilot to get to destinations. I get robbed about 50% of the time and end up getting killed because I can't get my gun out in time or wasn't paying attention.

The controls are extremely clunky. I have to always look in the bottom right corner to see what actions I have available to me and if I forget to hold R2 or it doesn't register I shoot my gun which can give disastrous results. Don't really care for the shooting mechanics either. Just aiming the guns so it can auto-lock on enemies doesn't do much for me.

Looting is not fun because you have to grab every individual thing and open every single drawer. Also, if you aren't standing in the exact right position to pick up something then you can't get it.

Health and Stamina and Dead Eye meters for you and your horse doesn't add enjoyment to me.

Most of the missions feel like classic Rockstar missions where you travel, get to a location, have a shoot out and leave. This kind of gets old.

But overall, I think its a very good game. The world and interactions in the game are excellent and I am enjoying my time with it but gameplay-wise it could be much better.