Video Games Part II

A place to discuss music and video games.
Sekiro is done, even after learning the cheese from the video it still took me like 2 hours and 20 minutes to finally end it. I halfway thought the game was going to insult me for taking so long on the last boss. Like the boss was going to say, “you died 2,000 times throughout the game and took 15 hours on one boss you dumbass”.

All in all it is a really good game. Very frustrating and I think the ending is waaayyyyy to difficult, but still satisfying. These are the type of games where I can’t figure how people beat them without at least glancing online for tips, absolutely insane. All in all, probably a 9/10.

F*** you Sekiro!

Sekiro is much more my kind of thing than any of the Souls games. Loving it so far.£

PowerDump wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 2:48 am
Sekiro is done, even after learning the cheese from the video it still took me like 2 hours and 20 minutes to finally end it. I halfway thought the game was going to insult me for taking so long on the last boss. Like the boss was going to say, “you died 2,000 times throughout the game and took 15 hours on one boss you dumbass”.

All in all it is a really good game. Very frustrating and I think the ending is waaayyyyy to difficult, but still satisfying. These are the type of games where I can’t figure how people beat them without at least glancing online for tips, absolutely insane. All in all, probably a 9/10.

F*** you Sekiro!
Damn, congrats! I’m constantly in this mindset thinking, I know I got this and I know I have like one hour of pure attempts to finish this mother#%! and... not sure I want it anymore.

But then you do it and it’s a huge push towards the finish line.

m4st4 wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 3:04 am
PowerDump wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 2:48 am

F*** you Sekiro!
Damn, congrats! I’m constantly in this mindset thinking, I know I got this and I know I have like one hour of pure attempts to finish this mother#%! and... not sure I want it anymore.

But then you do it and it’s a huge push towards the finish line.
That’s one of my few complaints. I feel like you are mostly getting killed a million times just so you can memorize a enemies attack style and/or getting them to react a certain way instead of actually getting extremely good with skill if that makes any sense.

Like I had some parts where if I uploaded the video some people might go, “dang, you are good, I don’t know how you react to enemy attacks so fast” where In truth I’m not that good, I’ve just fought and/died to this enemy a million times so I know when they attack, if they can counter, when I should attack, etc.

Maybe I’m in the extreme minority and that’s just how my mind wraps around this game style :lol:

Still though, really enjoyed the ride, easily the toughest thing I’ve ever beat.

So, this is my story. That boss near the end (Ashina castle top)... I know I have the mother!&%#... but to get THERE I basically have to do a perfect NO HIT run like those crazy ass streamers who are doing no hit runs to get monetized. Why do I have to do a NO HIT run you say? Well, because, unlike Bloodborne and Dark Souls, here there’s no viable option to grind for extra stats to help you out if you want so, in Sekiro that option is viable only at the end game point. Blocking is not an option like with Genichiro cause guy plays like a sleazeball corrupted shinobi that he is. So now I’m definitely stuck with this guy, perfect focus is mandatory, I can dodge his entire first phase without getting hit, concentration is at peak level and what happens? He insta removes all of my health bar with a single cheese leap move, and I have god knows how many prayer beads. I say fuck it->close aplication->delete game. Sekiro, you gave me 50 hours of incredible world building, story and characters, couple of moments of satisfaction and I got further than I ever thought possible, thank you and fuck you. I will watch the rest on YouTube.

What happened afterwards, you wonder? Played several matches of MK11 with bro and wrecked him. He thinks I still have that shinobi spirit of ‘getting gud’ inside me, I’m just glad every other game is so much easier after this, until next From game. ;)

Gonna continue playing Borderlands Handsome Collection.

m4st4 wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 5:02 am
So, this is my story. That boss near the end (Ashina castle top)... I know I have the mother!&%#... but to get THERE I basically have to do a perfect NO HIT run like those crazy ass streamers who are doing no hit runs to get monetized. Why do I have to do a NO HIT run you say? Well, because, unlike Bloodborne and Dark Souls, here there’s no viable option to grind for extra stats to help you out if you want so, in Sekiro that option is viable only at the end game point. Blocking is not an option like with Genichiro cause guy plays like a sleazeball corrupted shinobi that he is. So now I’m definitely stuck with this guy, perfect focus is mandatory, I can dodge his entire first phase without getting hit, concentration is at peak level and what happens? He insta removes all of my health bar with a single cheese leap move, and I have god knows how many prayer beads. I say fuck it->close aplication->delete game. Sekiro, you gave me 50 hours of incredible world building, story and characters, couple of moments of satisfaction and I got further than I ever thought possible, thank you and fuck you. I will watch the rest on YouTube.

What happened afterwards, you wonder? Played several matches of MK11 with bro and wrecked him. He thinks I still have that shinobi spirit of ‘getting gud’ inside me, I’m just glad every other game is so much easier after this, until next From game. ;)

Gonna continue playing Borderlands Handsome Collection.
Yeah that’s where I was about at a few points, I don’t blame anyone for dropping Sekiro. If you ever get back to the game, run circles around enemies. It is considered cheese but who cares lol? But yeah, this is like the fifth time saying it, but don’t go this crazy with your next game From Software. It’s like they are just trolling everyone with Sekiro and how difficult it is.

Probably going to try some Days Gone tonight, let’s see if it’s decent or a turd.

So I started up Bloodborne again yesterday (I’ve gotten like halfway through the game twice, just never finished) and in like a 3 hour period I defeated 4 bosses (only died once), got to level 41.

That’s the difficulty difference between Sekiro and Bloodborne.

So I’ve said this before but the one thing I really like about the One X (and the One in general) is the Backwards compatibility. A lot of the games are pretty darn close to remasters, I’ve been picking up games that get added for cheap (usually under $10) and they all look better than they did on the 360.

I doubt the PS5 will have BC that works this way where the games are enhanced (and I’m really just happy it will have BC at all), but dang that would be sweet if they tried it. Imagine Bloodborne at 60 FPS without having to buy a remaster.

So i just completed Dragon Age 2.

Yes, i really enjoyed this game. It was fun to play and really liked the not so serious tone. The story was good with memorable moments. Hawke is just a great protagonist. Some niggles with the combat, some questionable writing and the constant reused scenery/assets (not that i particularly find it bothersome) are the only negatives.

Also, as Varric once said towards the end of the game: "I think i'm sick of Mages and Templars".

Anyway, ranking of the games: DA2>Inquisition>Origins

Are you ready?
The chip designer (AMD) also touted RDNA, its all-new architecture for its forthcoming PCIe 4.0 7nm Radeon GPUs. RDNA will, according to AMD CEO Lisa Su, power the forthcoming Radeon Navi GPU family. This technology will appear alongside an AMD Zen 2.0 CPU in the next Sony PlayStation, and in upcoming Radeon RX 5000 graphics cards: we're told the RDNA-Navi-based RX 5700 series will go on sale from July. More details are promised on June 10 at the E3 gaming expo. GCN will live on in some way, in case you're wondering.

Onto the Zen 2.0 third-generation 7nm Ryzen 7 processors. The first will be the $329 Ryzen 3700X, an eight-core, 16-thread 3.6GHz base, 4.4GHz max, component, with 36MB total cache and 65W TDP. Or there's the beefier $399 3800X, again eight cores, 16 threads, but clocked at 3.9GHz base, 4.5GHz max, again 36MB total cache, and a higher TDP of 105W. The 3800X was shown at Computex with up to 40 lanes of PCIe 4.0.

Su also told us to expect more than eight cores: the Ryzen 9 family will kick off with the Zen 2.0 7nm Ryzen 9 3900X, a 12-core, 24-thread, 3.8GHz base, 4.6GHz max, part with 70MB total cache, and 105W TDP. That's a lot less wattage than the equivalent Intel part, for what it's worth. The 3900X will set you back $499, again a lot less than Intel's rivals.

Third-generation Ryzen chips are due to go on sale July 7. That's 7nm on 7/7. Neat.

The New Flagship: Ryzen 9 3900X

The Ryzen 3000 series will debut a new product tier for AMD: Ryzen 9. In this case, the Ryzen 9 3900X will be AMD’s first mainstream desktop 12-core processor. The processor is the only one of the group that uses two chiplets, in a 6+6 configuration. The 3900X will have a base frequency of 3.8 GHz, a turbo frequency of 4.6 GHz, and line up with 6 MB of L2 cache and 64 MB of L3 cache. This confirms that each chiplet has 32 MB of L3 cache, doubling what we saw on the first generation of the Zen microarchitecture. This CPU has a TDP of 105W, which for AMD processors is usually a good measure of all-core power consumption, and will be enabled with 24 PCIe 4.0 lanes (16 for GPU, 4 for storage, 4 for the chipset).

Mainstream Madness: Ryzen 7 at 65W

For the Ryzen 7 lineup, AMD is keeping this for the 8-core versions. These CPUs only have a single chiplet inside, and no dummy chiplet. Of the two CPUs in this segment, the one that gets a big shock from us is actually the cheaper model.

The Ryzen 7 3700X is an eight core, sixteen thread CPU with a 3.6 GHz base frequency and a 4.4 GHz turbo frequency. It has 4 MB of L2 and 36 MB of L3 (half the L3 compared to Ryzen 9, because it only has one chiplet), but the amazing thing is that this chip has a TDP of just 65W. Just on paper, it looks like this processor is one of the most efficient x86 performance desktop processors ever made. This is likely the CPU configuration that AMD used in its Cinebench R20 demo back at CES, where it showed R20 equivalent multithreaded performance for 40% less system power. And the price for all this performance? Only $329. If I put my reviewer hat on and look at these specifications at a high level, the Ryzen 7 3700X promises to be the mainstream chip of choice for a substantial number of high-performance PCs this year.

The other CPU in this bracket is the Ryzen 7 3800X. This is going to be the direct upgrade from the current Ryzen 7 2700X, comes with eight cores and sixteen threads, with a base frequency of 3.9 GHz and a boost frequency of 4.5 GHz. It doesn’t seem overly impressive compared to the 3700X with its larger 105W TDP for only a few hundred MHz more on the base frequency, however as we’ve seen with the 2nd Gen Ryzen, that extra TDP headroom usually helps with technologies like XFR that manage the boost frequencies. AMD hasn’t said anything new about how XFR or Precision Boost works in the new generation yet, we have to wait until nearer launch for that information. However the extra frequency and extra TDP will cost an extra $70: the Ryzen 7 3800X will retail for $399.

Performance Numbers

AMD provided some performance numbers to compare AMD to Intel CPUs. All of these tests are using Cinebench R20, which should be noted is a floating point rendering test that AMD already does well on, but there aren’t any specific optimizations here for each CPU.

Direct chip to chip comparisons put AMD’s single thread performance against Intel at +1%. Though it should be noted here that something like the Ryzen 7 3800X, which boosts to 4.5 GHz, is being compared to an Intel CPU that boosts to 5.0 GHz. That would put IPC on this test firmly in the hands of AMD. Multi-threading results are a similar scenario, although the margin of difference tends to drop the more cores that AMD has access to, perhaps because more cores are fighting to get to the memory with a slightly extended memory latency compared from Intel.
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/05/2 ... _computex/

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14407/am ... -coming-77

Might get Zen 2 + Navi in this year.