Video Games Part II

A place to discuss music and video games.
As much as I like Firewatch I will never understand the glorification of this game. It just seems to me like most of these people and especially these publications, just take a nab at whatever is "indie" and popular at the same time and mention it in their top 10s so they can offer a more "diverse" list to their audience. This while games like Oxenfree get left in the dark. Games that actually do get really creative and have a strong story exposition as well as gameplay elements that have synergy .

Firewatch is more or less this year's "Gone Home". 2 great games that have been unnecessarily fronted as works of art.

Yeah, Oxenfree needs more recognition. The art style , VA, music and (especially) the dialogue system are top notch. Played through it 3 times and still thoroughly and enjoyed all of it equally (yes, i did it to get all the achievements, but still...).

It's my 2016 GOTY game. But my choice hold no weight since i barely played any games that were released in 2016.

Actually, Ben-Hur is my non-serious GOTY of 2016.

RIFA wrote:As much as I like Firewatch I will never understand the glorification of this game. It just seems to me like most of these people and especially these publications, just take a nab at whatever is "indie" and popular at the same time and mention it in their top 10s so they can offer a more "diverse" list to their audience. This while games like Oxenfree get left in the dark. Games that actually do get really creative and have a strong story exposition as well as gameplay elements that have synergy .

Firewatch is more or less this year's "Gone Home". 2 great games that have been unnecessarily fronted as works of art.
Well, all art is art.

Second, Firewatch has a great visual design and kind unusually mature and poignant storytelling. I suppose this is uncommon for games like that.

It's like saying you prefer Up in the Air instead of, dunno, Inglorious Basterds. Why not? Opinions, art being subjective etc. It's not like those people are putting that game on their list to fill up some imaginary indie quota.

Cilogy wrote:Well, all art is art.

Second, Firewatch has a great visual design and kind unusually mature and poignant storytelling. I suppose this is uncommon for games like that.
If only Firewatch would be unique in some way. But it isn't. Games like Firewatch have been done before. That's my main gripe with this.

After far too many months of waiting (thanks Microsoft), I finally got the chance to play Quantum Break. And I dug the hell out of it. Great story, fantastic gameplay, an interesting dynamic with the choices. I'm already hungry for a sequel but I think I'd prefer Remedy to work on Alan Wake 2 at this point.

Played some Rocket league today with some 'friends'. Yup, they sure do know how to show how terrible i am at this game. They're legit so much better than i am it makes me feel embarrassed. :oops:
darthnazgul wrote:After far too many months of waiting (thanks Microsoft), I finally got the chance to play Quantum Break. And I dug the hell out of it. Great story, fantastic gameplay, an interesting dynamic with the choices. I'm already hungry for a sequel but I think I'd prefer Remedy to work on Alan Wake 2 at this point.
Charlie was a likable douche.

Finally picked up Bastion and Transistor.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 in development, codenamed Oddisey, 12 month Switch exclusive, might not be revealed during Jan 12 presentation - Laura Kate Dale.