Video Games Part II

A place to discuss music and video games.
JohnConstantine wrote:I finished Wolfenstein in less than a week (5 days actually). Might go back at it with the second timeline.
RIFA wrote:
m4st4 wrote:Clocked 150 hours yesterday, which is a record for me.
I envy you.

I don't know how you manage to clock so many hours in all these games as well as dedicate time to movies and shit.
He has no life.
He has no grace
This M4
Has a funny face

So the Rainbow Six Siege beta is an absolute mess, and that's if you're lucky. Players are only able to connect to about 60% of matches, and this is after they've already been stress-testing the servers the past week.

But like I said, that's if you're lucky. Here's the real kicker:
"Players will be granted access in waves to allow us to test server stability so we can optimize the player experience during the Beta. We’ll be adding new people every day, so be sure to check your email regularly."
So, depending on your luck, you'll be potentially picked to be given access on the last day of the five day beta, even though you were given a "guaranteed" spot. And they only just announced that this was how they'd do the beta, after their site still says "we will contact you by email as soon as the closed beta starts." Even those who pre-ordered and supposedly have priority still haven't received their codes.

I guess i can speak about the beta now since the NDA is over, I've been playing it for the last few days during the technical tests and I'll agree that the matchmaking is a bit of a mess at the moment. Sometimes you are lucky and can have a good few games one after the other, but other times it takes a good 15-20 mins to get a match going. Having said that though, once you do manage to get into a game, it is pretty damn good. It gets really intense when you manage to find a good game. I really hope Ubi sorts out the match making issue because i can see myself playing this game for quite a long time.

RabidBEBOP wrote:I guess i can speak about the beta now since the NDA is over, I've been playing it for the last few days during the technical tests and I'll agree that the matchmaking is a bit of a mess at the moment. Sometimes you are lucky and can have a good few games one after the other, but other times it takes a good 15-20 mins to get a match going. Having said that though, once you do manage to get into a game, it is pretty damn good. It gets really intense when you manage to find a good game. I really hope Ubi sorts out the match making issue because i can see myself playing this game for quite a long time.
From everything I've seen, it looks like a damn fun game when it works. It's just that Ubisoft is handling the beta so poorly that it doesn't instill confidence for the full release, especially since online is such a key component to Rainbow Six.

Do we have a controversial opinions on video games topic lol?

Dead Space 1 and 2, while receiving very good reviews is underrated. Smooth as can be controls, you're not simply shooting targets but have to take off the limbs which is refreshing. The story is pretty good, the sound is great, and the graphics are still very solid. At least one of them should be ranked among the very highest of last gen IMO.

PowerDump wrote:Do we have a controversial opinions on video games topic lol?
Si senor.

So the Portal pack for Lego Dimensions has a new Jonathan Coulton song. Which is presumably fucking amazing.

Oh, and the characters are voiced all the original actors (except the Ghostbusters), with the villain played by Gary Oldman.

LEGO don't fuck around.

I got The Phantom Pain a few days ago. I think this is essentially what Splinter Cell should have eventually evolved into, but didn't, because fuck Ubisoft. The only discernible issue is the fact that it was clearly made to be played on a controller, which means the key controls can be sort of laborious.

Fantastic experience that's highly addictive, and it's making me neglect Wild Hunt even more (still haven't gotten past the first major boss battle in that game, lol).

Cilogy wrote:I got The Phantom Pain a few days ago. I think this is essentially what Splinter Cell should have eventually evolved into, but didn't, because fuck Ubisoft. The only discernible issue is the fact that it was clearly made to be played on a controller, which means the key controls can be sort of laborious.

Fantastic experience that's highly addictive, and it's making me neglect Wild Hunt even more (still haven't gotten past the first major boss battle in that game, lol).
I feel bad for any future stealth games in the future. How can the next Hitman and Splinter Cell (if there's another one) even come close to competing?