Video Games Part II

A place to discuss music and video games.
I've had such a disappointing experience with Fallout 4 that I even forget I own it.

Like, I'll see a new update or a mention of it somewhere online and I'm like "oh yeah, I need to play that"

lol

Cilogy wrote:I've had such a disappointing experience with Fallout 4 that I even forget I own it.

Like, I'll see a new update or a mention of it somewhere online and I'm like "oh yeah, I need to play that"

lol
Far Harbor actually feels like F3/NV, so it's great in that regard.

Eventually I've cooled off on the whole thing too though and while I support the concept I feel that this new "make your own adventure" type of design (or at least the transition to it) can be very taxing for people like us who're more used to having the game have the authority on what's what instead of the player. I feel like I need to have a hyperpotent imagination, capacity to immerse myself and suspend disbelief in order to be able to turn the little the game(s) give me into whole, meaningful experiences. I guess it happens easily when you're younger and/or simply un-conditioned or more open but it becomes harder and harder for me. Makes me feel old and makes gaming in general feel more cold and foreign than it really is. Like, look at Wild Hunt or Uncharted, neither of who's exclusively old-school or next-gen. I'm having similar issues with the new Hitman.

Cilogy wrote:I've had such a disappointing experience with Fallout 4 that I even forget I own it.

lol
Same.

RIFA wrote:
TomsWindow wrote:I don't see many games being compared to Dark Souls, outside of it's own sequels or Bloodborne.
I wonder why.

Imma leave this here just for the sake of it.

Interesting analysis, but I don't think it quite disproves of my point. If anything, it seems to hint at the series trying to recreate feel of the original Dark Souls and the series possibly running dry of ideas, thus in need of a change in setting.

The soundtrack is epic as hell....

The best analogy is that DOOM is the Mad Max: Fury Road of modern games.

I think Doom is my favorite FPS this gen and one thing that is hilarious that almost never ever happens is that it's overall review score seems to be rising as time goes on. It started off at a 78 on metacritic and climbed to an 85, that really is quite impressive. I remember everyone on Gamefags saying it was going to get shit on because of the embargo, hopefully they vanished knowing they look like an idiot.

Oh, and f*** you IGN for being way off again with your 7.1 score of it.

"Remastered" my ass.