Help me buy this thing...

A place to discuss music and video games.
...the ultimate purchase help thread!

My recent discussion with Bacon gave me this idea, so whenever you're not sure what to buy out of two, three or dozen options, post your thoughts here and hear out some of the members, their personal experience should count for something right?

It would also be nice to report back after your purchase, pics and all. ;)

Here's my 'ultimate' dillema:

XBOX ONE

Pros:
->I prefer the controller and overal console design
->I really like Halo so, naturally, Masterchief Collection and Halo 5 feel like no brainers
->Forza Horizon 2 and Killer Instinct are other two exclusives that interest me:

Cons:
->It's expensive. I'd be spending around 150 dollars more for it here.
->There's no MS support in Croatia, I survived the 360 era with 0% pain though
->I really don't care about kinect, who does?
Play Station 4

Pros:
->The Last of Us: Remastered

->Uncharted 4 in 2015
->It's cheaper and there's Sony support in Croatia
Cons:
->The controller is okay but I prefer the MS one
->I don't care about Sony exclusives right now, apart from those two mentioned
What say you? My plan is to buy the controller (one of the two) next week and two games, also save some money on the side for next month, when I should be able to buy the console.

m4st4 wrote:Image
...the ultimate purchase help thread!

My recent discussion with Bacon gave me this idea, so whenever you're not sure what to buy out of two, three or dozen options, post your thoughts here and hear out some of the members, their personal experience should count for something right?

It would also be nice to report back after your purchase, pics and all. ;)

Here's my 'ultimate' dillema:

XBOX ONE

Pros:
->I prefer the controller and overal console design
->I really like Halo so, naturally, Masterchief Collection and Halo 5 feel like no brainers
->Forza Horizon 2 and Killer Instinct are other two exclusives that interest me:

Cons:
->It's expensive. I'd be spending around 150 dollars more for it here.
->There's no MS support in Croatia, I survived the 360 era with 0% pain though
->I really don't care about kinect, who does?
Play Station 4

Pros:
->The Last of Us: Remastered

->Uncharted 4 in 2015
->It's cheaper and there's Sony support in Croatia
Cons:
->The controller is okay but I prefer the MS one
->I don't care about Sony exclusives right now, apart from those two mentioned
What say you? My plan is to buy the controller (one of the two) next week and two games, also save some money on the side for next month, when I should be able to buy the console.
Microsoft just released a Kinect-less version of Xbox One lowering the price. The PS4 and Xbox One are equal priced right now. MS does have better exclusives. No MS support is a major con.

ps4

As a Uncharted, TLOU, Blu-Ray, DVD, PS Plus and overall unabashed Sony lover, my PS3 suited me and my clique down to the ground in a time where Xbox was the casual choice.
I'm probably not gonna own a heavenly PS4, mostly cause of my studies. But if what my friends' have already experienced on it over the first 8 months is just a taste, I'd guarantee it the watershed of in-depth gaming.
It's coming, cover your butt bro, and get on the Sony Pony 8-)

Also Batman's on that shit too
I'm afraid it's too late - there is no longer choice ;)

Well part of me still feels I should save like 150 dollars and get a PS3 + Legacy Collection + GZ + TPP when it releases, but I still want to get a Wii U. BUT I feel an Xbox One would be investing more in the future and I'd be able to get GZ and TPP as well as The Master Chief Collection. I don't know.

PS4... it seems like a smart choice right now - for economic reasons mostly. Then again, my gaming purchases were rarely driven by economics lol - last gen I had them all, some of them even a couple of times. Will keep you posted. :thumbup:

Bumping Bacon:
Bacon wrote:Well part of me still feels I should save like 150 dollars and get a PS3 + Legacy Collection + GZ + TPP when it releases, but I still want to get a Wii U. BUT I feel an Xbox One would be investing more in the future and I'd be able to get GZ and TPP as well as The Master Chief Collection. I don't know.
WiiU is always a sweet choice, especially today, what a great library of games!

And plenty more to come!

PS4 edit, not only did I hear about DS4's thumbstick problem, I held one in my hands in a local store couple of months back, they looked like shit after two weeks or so of customers tryout:

Anyone had this?

Also, checking out Driveclub videos:

m4st4 wrote:PS4 edit, not only did I hear about DS4's thumbstick problem, I held one in my hands in a local store couple of months back, they looked like shit after two weeks or so of customers tryout:

Anyone had this?
That's what every single demo controller of any console looks like in stores.

Cilogy wrote:
m4st4 wrote:PS4 edit, not only did I hear about DS4's thumbstick problem, I held one in my hands in a local store couple of months back, they looked like shit after two weeks or so of customers tryout:

Anyone had this?
Nope, I'm talking real customers, there's even a thread on NeoGAF dedicated to that. Maybe it was just a first shipment but still, it's a known problem with the material on thumbs.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... 60&page=51
Last edited by m4st4 on June 19th, 2014, 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

m4st4 wrote:
Cilogy wrote:

Anyone had this?
Nope, I'm talking real customers, there's even a thread on NeoGAF dedicated to that. Maybe it was just a first shipment but still, it's a known problem with the material on thumbs.
oh

well fuck, that's a little troubling