The Legend of Zelda - Hyrule Thread of Time

A place to discuss music and video games.

darthnazgul wrote:

Bump to discuss Breath of the Wild.

Possibly GOAT material, really digging it so far and this is someone who has casually played Zelda in the past but I'm completely absorbed by this one. Tried to play Horizon a little bit last night but just had to go back to Zelda as I'm somehow more immersed into BOTW, and that's nothing against Horizon which is a very good game. It's just thaaaattt good IMO, and has stolen my attention from the other great recent releases.

I don't get it though, how do you release one of the best games ever on such a high number installment (too lazy to look up how many Zelda games have been made)? Usually a series burns out or has some kind of fatigue by about the 4th or 5th installment and this series might be at its highest point right now.

Stay away from websites that have user reviews, people are still salty it's getting reviews over the games they are playing on their "far superior system" lol

Breath of The Wild is one of those games that you have to experience for yourself. Don't spoil yourself with story or gameplay. I'm about seven hours in and I've only just got the ball rolling. Best comparison I can make is MGSV: The Phantom Pain meets Dark Souls. And yet, it's still distinctly Zelda. I love just being able to climb nearly anywhere, sneaking around the Guardians, hunting wildlife and enemies alike.

Also it's tough yet fair. I have yet to feel frustrated by a game over or death, whereas Skyward Sword made me feel frustrated whenever I played and the difficulty was artificially created by the controls. It's so, so, so much better than Skyward Sword that it's astounding. And it's the complete opposite in terms of hand-holding. It teaches you just the right amount before putting its trust in you, the player, to know what to do and it feels rewarding when you do.

A superb amount of detail and craft in such a large game is astounding. I just hope the game can keep this up for however long the rest is gonna be.

I've lost track of how many hours I've spent on Breath of The Wild and I'm only just now getting around to the Divine Beasts. Just got to Zora's Domain.

We actually have a thread and I made it :shock:

Breath of the Wild is a masterpiece, not just of gaming form.

Not a fan of the musou games but will get this, just as I played Pirate Warriors 3 because One Piece. ;)

In other news: all 120 shrines in BOTW are finished! Got my green tunic and now onto DLC 1 and DLC 2. Clocked around 100 hours. BOTW is easily in my GOAT games. Right there with Witcher 3, Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear etc.