Uncharted Series: A Thief's End (Naughty Dog) - 2015

A place to discuss music and video games.
Forum Pro
Law
Haven't beaten it yet but one of my favorite moments is when Nathan and his wife are talking about their "for better or worse" vows. All the background noise drowns out and Henry Jackman's score kicks in as they drive the jeep up to New Devon.

Because of all the chit-chat around this got a PS4 and are playing through the previous games. Finished the first one - the simplicity is just marvelous. Didn't like the monstery bit though.

ArmandFancypants wrote:Because of all the chit-chat around this got a PS4 and are playing through the previous games. Finished the first one - the simplicity is just marvelous. Didn't like the monstery bit though.
Good decision! If you can still enjoy the first one than you should definitely enjoy the rest. I hope you find 2 as huge of improvement as most did. I'm not done with 4 but I can't think of a 4th entry in a series (that isn't a reboot) that feels so fresh. Maybe they just aren't pupping up in my head, but a series usually loses steam after the third (or earlier) but here the 4th is probably my favorite in the series.

Law wrote:Haven't beaten it yet but one of my favorite moments is when Nathan and his wife are talking about their "for better or worse" vows. All the background noise drowns out and Henry Jackman's score kicks in as they drive the jeep up to New Devon.
For all it's faults in overly simplistic storytelling and the idea that almost nothing the main character does has lasting negative consequences, the game really fucking nails the emotion, and does so in an incredibly poignant and tender way, like The Last of Us.

bumping because M4 seems to be back and i want his opinion on this lol

Michaelf2225 wrote:bumping because M4 seems to be back and i want his opinion on this lol
Haha, well fine, *cracks fingers*... The Last of Us is still the best of Naughty Dog in my opinion. I finished the game twice, on Normal and Hard, and will probably go for Crushing only after finishing the whole series again beforehand, not sure when. I feel like it's definitely the best looking game I've played, some of the stuff later in the game truly resonated with me and I dig their narrative choices. I had a bucket list of things I wanted to see in U4 and they delivered so there's that. If we're going to talk minuses, well the platforming - even though it's pretty varied looking (you're still mostly hitting X) - again suffers from occasional repetitiveness, not to mention all the crates they're using to mask the loading times. Gunplay has never been better, I wish there was more of that but individualized blockbuster pockets were good enough, especially with added rope mechanic, really fun times monkey swinging/sucker punching on that thing. Also, maybe if they added more puzzles? Or more difficult ones? Overall, I quite liked U4, it's right there with MGSV:TPP and Witcher 3 for this generation (won't even mention my multiplayer addictions) and cemented ND as top dogs in the business, if there was any doubt after 2013.

Welcome back m4

Well, I'm in da club now. Played the trilogy on ps3 (these past months - U2 is off course the best one, then U3 which tries to go all over the place, not as tight as U2, and then U1 which is just good I guess but feels outdated) and bought myself U4 Special Edition (in a moment of craziness). In fact I bought a used PS4 just to eventually play it. Will start in the weekend (meanwhile I'm on the quest of 100 % Red Dead).

Spoilers from 3
The evil lady :lol: mentions Drake is not his real name. Is this adressed in U4?

J.C., it's a major part of U4, won't to spoil anything. Some say it's a retcon even, but in my book it absolutely works, you'll see. For those who've played the game...
...connecting brothers with their tragically gone mother who evidently passed her love for archeology and history onto youngsters is a major component which makes the whole forgiveness phase towards Sam (after the twist, aka LIE), work for me.

The Ass is back.