Batman: Arkham Knight (PC/PS4/XB1)

A place to discuss music and video games.
Has Joe played Origins? Most of the combat mechanics he showcased, including the "flying everywhere" thing, were all in Origins. So it isn't like this game made it ridiculous. Unless it really goes to ridiculous lengths but he didn't show anything that's ridiculous in terms of combat compared to Origins.

Okay so I'm playing and I'm wondering... what's with all the critics being negative about the Batmobile? That thing is so much fun to play and so very badass at the same time

RIFA wrote:Has Joe played Origins? Most of the combat mechanics he showcased, including the "flying everywhere" thing, were all in Origins. So it isn't like this game made it ridiculous. Unless it really goes to ridiculous lengths but he didn't show anything that's ridiculous in terms of combat compared to Origins.
He has played it. Though he never reviewed it.

SomeFrenchToast wrote:Okay so I'm playing and I'm wondering... what's with all the critics being negative about the Batmobile? That thing is so much fun to play and so very badass at the same time
The Batmobile is so forced in the game (later on) that it gets ridiculous.
Most boss fights that would be epic while in hand to hand combat (Deathstroke, Arkham Knight) are instead Batmobile shootouts. And plus using the Batmobile for those puzzles (like the fan one) got really annoying real fast.

Red Hood wrote:
SomeFrenchToast wrote:Okay so I'm playing and I'm wondering... what's with all the critics being negative about the Batmobile? That thing is so much fun to play and so very badass at the same time
Most boss fights that would be epic while in hand to hand combat (Deathstroke, Arkham Knight) are instead Batmobile shootouts. And plus using the Batmobile for those puzzles (like the fan one) got really annoying real fast.
Yeah I don't mind those because driving it is really exhilarating

And so far (I'm just after
Oracle shot herself
) I think the story is pretty damn good.
The Joker visions surprisingly make him a good companion in some ways, almost make me forget how vile he really was

I really enjoyed this game

SomeFrenchToast wrote:
Red Hood wrote:
Yeah I don't mind those because driving it is really exhilarating

And so far (I'm just after
Oracle shot herself
) I think the story is pretty damn good.
The Joker visions surprisingly make him a good companion in some ways, almost make me forget how vile he really was
The Joker visions are hilarious. The Batman-Joker dynamic is one of the best things about the Arkham games

It's easy to understand the criticism about the Batmobile imo.

Abundance kills the fun.

So i'm currently watching the walkthroughs.
Mark Hammill is so fucking good at singing.

4N Legend wrote:I really enjoyed this game
Only downside is the lack of boss battles. It's missing those epic Arkham Origin like battles
Last edited by 4N Legend on July 9th, 2015, 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.