The Last of Us - It can't be for nothing (Part II announced)

A place to discuss music and video games.
More upsetting than No Time to Die's delay imo.

Numbers wrote:
April 3rd, 2020, 9:36 am
More upsetting than No Time to Die's delay imo.
Yeah.

Also, expected, unfortunately. I was preparing myself for this, just happy we got Final Fantasy VII at least.

I' m expecting July now, at the earliest.

Just think about it, a real life pandemic is delaying a game about a pandemic.

I'd prepare yourselves for Cyberpunk to move too. They most likely had to pause development for now.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
April 4th, 2020, 5:41 am
I'd prepare yourselves for Cyberpunk to move too. They most likely had to pause development for now.

-Vader
It's 100% moving.

Restarted TLoU cuz I just finished Jedi Fallen Order. Played about 7 hours today.
No work or school for me rn and it's ridiculous how much time I have on my hands.
Sarah's death still gets me.

Vader182 wrote:
April 4th, 2020, 5:41 am

-Vader
CDPR confirmed they're working from home for quite some time so most definitely, yeah.

My plan is to try it on PS5 first anyway.

yeah well speaking of the PS5...

prince0gotham wrote:
April 4th, 2020, 11:20 am
yeah well speaking of the PS5...
They'll release it holiday 2020, unless we're somehow in even worse position than today.

I mean they said the same about the Olympics, will see though.

the only reason i can think of to not release this on time is to delay it to ps5

animal crossing is doing fine and i’m sure the increase in ppl at home will lead to enough digital sale to make up for the lost physical ones

Michaelf2225 wrote:
April 9th, 2020, 2:09 pm
the only reason i can think of to not release this on time is to delay it to ps5

animal crossing is doing fine and i’m sure the increase in ppl at home will lead to enough digital sale to make up for the lost physical ones
That would be a marketing disaster. It's going to be playable on PS5 anyway, and probably with added ray tracing and whatnot, but later down the line. ND team is currently working from home, that sort of job needs months of planning and work. They're in the bug fixing stage.