The Last of Us - It can't be for nothing (Part II announced)

A place to discuss music and video games.
Ellie travels around the gaming world + DLC announcement coming soon, says ND:

Last edited by m4st4 on July 1st, 2016, 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

m4st4 wrote:Ellie travels around the gaming world + DLC announcement coming soon, says ND:

I'd be okay with Ellie DLC for any game. Well, maybe not Mortal Kombat... Or Manhunt... Or Ride to Hell.

If this were to be made into a film adaptation, who would you cast and who you want helming the film?

11072014 wrote:If this were to be made into a film adaptation, who would you cast and who you want helming the film?
Nice question:

ACTORS:

Joel - Viggo Mortensen
Ellie - Ellen Page (or unknown)
Tess - Tilda Swinton
Bill - Ray Winstone
Henry - Chad Coleman
Marlene - Gina Torres
David - John Hawkes
Tommy - Brad Pitt
Sarah - Elle Fanning
Robert - Michael Madsen

DIRECTOR: David Fincher
SOUNDTRACK: Gustavo Santaolalla

:)

Naughty Dog wanted to "change the industry" through its presentation of a "non-sexualized" female protagonist in The Last of Us, creative director Neil Druckmann has said.

"I had this secret agenda," he said during a recent talk at the Toronto chapter of the International Game Developers Association attended by The Verge. "I wanted to create one of the coolest, non-sexualized female video game protagonists. And I felt that if we did that, there's an opportunity to change the industry. I know it sounds pretentious, but that was my goal."
:clap:

Still feel this game is great but waaaayyyy too overrated just because it had a great emotional story.

People with statements like "best game ever and definitely best game of the year"... uhm... they should chill a bit imo. :|

Most of them are the same people that when Bioshock came out called it game of the year. The last of us came out they called it game of the year. Brothers came out they called it game of the year. GTA V came out they call it game of the year. Just lol. What's next? People have a soft spot for well realized emotional stories that they forget this is all about gaming and stories are not everything in this medium.

And they also have a soft spot for GTA games which I love but let's be honest... I heard people calling V revolutionary for the wrong reasons... Besides the 3-main characters non-stop free rotation that you can make... It's not. And I'm saying that because few actually bring this element up and they still praise the game for the fact that you can jump with a parachute from anywhere on the map or the fact that it's a free world in which you can do anything. It just does what San Andreas let you do only on a newer engine and in a more in-depth and detailed fashion but the recipe is the same.

And about the non-sexualized female central character... it's been done before. I like Naughty Dog but sometimes they come up with some arrogant statements lol. They're in a way like Blizzard (in terms of subtle and non-subtle self-overpreaching).

RIFA wrote:Still feel this game is great but waaaayyyy too overrated just because it had a great emotional story.
Said that a while ago, people were like, "herp derp you don't understand this game at all". lol

RIFA wrote:Still feel this game is great but waaaayyyy too overrated just because it had a great emotional story.

People with statements like "best game ever and definitely best game of the year"... uhm... they should chill a bit imo. :|

Most of them are the same people that when Bioshock came out called it game of the year. The last of us came out they called it game of the year. Brothers came out they called it game of the year. GTA V came out they call it game of the year. Just lol. What's next? People have a soft spot for well realized emotional stories that they forget this is all about gaming and stories are not everything in this medium.

And they also have a soft spot for GTA games which I love but let's be honest... I heard people calling V revolutionary for the wrong reasons... Besides the 3-main characters non-stop free rotation that you can make... It's not. And I'm saying that because few actually bring this element up and they still praise the game for the fact that you can jump with a parachute from anywhere on the map or the fact that it's a free world in which you can do anything. It just does what San Andreas let you do only on a newer engine and in a more in-depth and detailed fashion but the recipe is the same.
Eh, that's your opinion.

About the whole instant game of the year praise, I wouldn't call a game GOTY when I've finished playing it because there's no way I'd have been able to judge every game of its respective year. I prefer statements such as "favourite game that I have played so far this year". Then again, FGTIHPSFTY is not quite as catchy.

RIFA, have you played it? I'm not going to use the ''play it or shut up'' argument because it's useless until you actually take the control of these two characters and PLAY THE GAME, You Tube does not count (I've done it prior to my playthrough and it was nothing like the experience I had afterwards).

GTAV is a huge step forward for sandbox games, TLOU is right there among the best linear story based experiences. Seriously, I though Uncharted was great, but after TLOU, Uncharted 3 felt... lacking.

And yes, I who rarely adore more than one game per year think that Bioshock Infinite, GTAV and TLOU are all at the very top. It's been a phenomenal year, what's wrong with that.

m4st4 wrote:RIFA, have you played it? I'm not going to use the ''play it or shut up'' argument because it's useless until you actually take the control of these two characters and PLAY THE GAME, You Tube does not count (I've done it prior to my playthrough and it was nothing like the experience I had afterwards).

GTAV is a huge step forward for sandbox games, TLOU is right there among the best linear story based experiences. Seriously, I though Uncharted was great, but after TLOU, Uncharted 3 felt... lacking.

And yes, I who rarely adore more than one game per year think that Bioshock Infinite, GTAV and TLOU are all at the very top. It's been a phenomenal year, what's wrong with that.
Yes on all points. Didn't RIFA say the game didn't interest him?