The Last of Us - It can't be for nothing (Part II announced)

A place to discuss music and video games.
slimshady247 wrote:And Troy Baker said that he knows nothing, but that might be because he's been coached.

It'll probably still be a while though. Uncharted 4 is a year away, so I'm thinking 2018 would be when we'd get a sequel. Or maybe even later.
My guess: E3 2016 teaser with older Ellie reveal, December 2018 release date.

I really don't want another.

darthnazgul wrote:I really don't want another.
8 million units sold say otherwise but I get you.

And I'm sure there will be a turnaround for many like you once they reveal it, not just the characters, but the overall intention behind it. TLOU is a perfectly rounded story but Ellie can still grow as a character, and the game along with her.

m4st4 wrote:
slimshady247 wrote:And Troy Baker said that he knows nothing, but that might be because he's been coached.

It'll probably still be a while though. Uncharted 4 is a year away, so I'm thinking 2018 would be when we'd get a sequel. Or maybe even later.
My guess: E3 2016 teaser with older Ellie reveal, December 2018 release date.
Yeah, that's probably exactly how it'll go, haha. I imagine they're going to want to revamp a lot, too.
darthnazgul wrote:I really don't want another.
At first I felt this way as well... but I keep going back to the game's multiplayer with one of my friends, and I realized that I really do want more stories set in this world. Yes, I feel that, if The Last of Us was a one-off, the ending that we got would absolutely be a definitive ending to Joel and Ellie's story. But I'm a greedy motherfucker, so I'm kind of really craving a sequel now.

And honestly, I'd be fine if a sequel did end up following a whole new set of characters. Older Ellie would would be just as great since we don't get nearly enough good female protagonists in games, and we'd already have some investment in the character.

But I don't know. It all depends on what kind of story they're looking to tell next. All we know now (as we already could've guessed) is that it's coming.

I know this will sound completely obvious and unnecessary and I'm basing it purely on Left Behind but add all the storytelling talent ND has and you'll get the picture...
Older Ellie and her female companion would be the new centerpiece, Joel is long dead (common disease) and would be shown only via flashbacks/hallucinations. It can me a massive game in scale... Ellie could turn into a Sarah Connor-style leader of the humanity, they could add epic zombie sieges, plenty of new characters and innovative set-pieces (just look at Uncharted 4) etc.
The Rest of Us - I'd call it, the focus would be on everybody else - on humanity - as well as Ellie. TLOU 2 sounds a bit obvious? The sequel would be a quest for final piece and hope, not unlike the first one, but with more unity.

It could work.

But I prefer The Last of The Last of Us. Or The Last of Us Too. :P

'The Last of Us 2: Where's The Rest of Us'
*'Hey guys, wait for me!' DLC included

Lol.

I can't imagine the verbal snafus we're going to get into naming a third game, haha.

slimshady247 wrote:Lol.

I can't imagine the verbal snafus we're going to get into naming a third game, haha.
Third movie curse! I'd be happy with just One Last Rideee.

Yeah, I don't really even know how many stories the premise really lends itself to.

If they go the anthology route and do new stories for different games, I could see that spawning a few sequels. But if it's continuing the same story thread, I don't know that they would have mapped out anything like a trilogy.

Like I said, the first one's ending could have very well been definitive (and I still kind of think it is).