The Last of Us - It can't be for nothing (Part II announced)

A place to discuss music and video games.
Sony/Naughty Dog is DMCA striking channels that even discuss the leaks. :? :?

Yeah, *that* won't cause any issues.

Bacon wrote:
May 3rd, 2020, 7:42 pm

It's stolen property

-Vader

Bacon wrote:

They have legal rights. Agreed that it will only further fuel the trolls to go even more out of their way to spoil stuff for people, but they have that right.

I've heard it's only some plot points though (major but still) and that a large chunk plus ending is missing. Also, the leakage has suddenly stopped because they didn't find anything else on the servers at the time.

Vader182 wrote:
May 3rd, 2020, 8:16 pm
Bacon wrote:

It's stolen property

-Vader
People with no NDA or affiliation with ND speaking about publicly available content is not "stolen property." They have the right to discuss the leaks if they show no footage or directly associated content.

Bacon wrote:
May 4th, 2020, 1:26 am
Vader182 wrote:
May 3rd, 2020, 8:16 pm
Bacon wrote:

It's stolen property

-Vader
People with no NDA or affiliation with ND speaking about publicly available content is not "stolen property." They have the right to discuss the leaks if they show no footage or directly associated content.
You're wrong. It is property, and these channels are commodifying this stolen property. ND and Sony have every right, legal and otherwise, to stop others from profiting off their stolen property. I'm frankly shocked anyone would suggest otherwise.

Moreover, any channel (or indeed any person in general) that spreads the leaks is in fact spreading stolen property, which can result in a future loss of earnings or damage Sony's stock price.

You may feel as though they should be able to discuss whatever they want, but no, they absolutely do not have the right to discuss it. The opposite, in fact.

-Vader

m4st4 wrote:
May 3rd, 2020, 7:10 am
Numbers wrote:
May 3rd, 2020, 3:28 am
m4st4 wrote:
May 3rd, 2020, 3:02 am
Needless to say TLOU is my favorite game of all time and I'm past the initial disappointment about the leaks, now I just feel sad for the people who are going out of their way to spoil the excitement for other people. Imagine being that person, taking pleasure in that sort of thing.
Same. No game has meant more to me than the original. I kinda understand why a "disgruntled employee" might've done this due to the crunch time, but at the same time, I think it's extremely selfish and I feel bad for their colleagues who all must've put their hearts and souls into the game.

As for the people spoiling just for the sake of spoiling, they can go fuck themselves.
Sony issued an official statement saying they found those responsible and are currently taking legal actions, weren't from either Sony or ND. I'm guessing working from home and translation issues didn't help their safety.
The sad thing is these leaks keep happening with so many huge projects. It’s to the point where I almost wish these companies (and the law) could make an example of these people. Like a hefty, hefty amount of time in jail and being sued.

Story trailer tomorrow, 7am pt.