The Last of Us - It can't be for nothing (Part II announced)

A place to discuss music and video games.

this too

meta is at 5.1 and up wohoo

Fucking scumbags.

Yesh... Just wanted to say, send some love to Laura today.
All of this reminds me so much of The Last Jedi... Can people just... Stay the fuck away from Twitter, live their lives unaware of the scum of the earth? It's healthier. 😣

Imagine the size of a brain who connects the actor and the role this way.

Master Virgo wrote:
July 3rd, 2020, 6:23 pm
Fucking scumbags.

This makes me sick. :sick:

hey guys didn’t you know they hate the character only, not the actor!!!!!

fucking imbeciles :facepalm:

Ruth wrote:
July 4th, 2020, 9:19 am
hey guys didn’t you know they hate the character only, not the actor!!!!!

fucking imbeciles :facepalm:
and then they blame us that we don't separate the actual bigots from people with nuanced critique against the game and ND

Yeah, people have every right to critique and rate and discuss but this is just trash level of humanity.

But my favorite category are the ones saying 'lol she didn' t even write the game, now those people, they deserve every ounce of hate they can get'.

Uhm... 🤔

Man, 2020 has been such a revelatory year, apparently we're preeetty close to Nazi Germany when it comes to some people. We're long away from the embracing and all-loving world, and Twitter is one of the main places for the receipts.

I just hope at least Trump goes down in November. Just gimme that, 2020.

This is also very similar to the reaction that GOT season 8 got, right down to the stupid petition to remake it, and people harassing actors over what their characters did in the story. Essentially, if they don't like where the story is going these idiots say the writing is 'objectively' bad and there can be no nuanced discussion about it. Fandoms were a mistake and when I look at reactions to The Last Jedi, Game of Thrones, etc. I feel like the root of the problem has nothing to do with those stories but rather with the importance of these things in people's lives.

When you define yourself by what you consume you have essentially no real identity and when the thing you define yourself by is not what you expect it to be, you get really mad. The people making your art aren't serving you a badly cooked steak that can easily be replaced (and even then demanding a new steak would be a douche move imo). These people clearly have some serious emotional issues that they urgently need to address in a healthy manner. Sadly, they are not doing that. Instead, they are harassing and threatening people. It's pathetic.

If they need to escape reality that badly then they need to learn how to deal with actual problems in their lives and they better learn how to deal with those in a healthy way.

It's just a video game. You don't like it? You play a different video game.

Batfan175 wrote:
July 4th, 2020, 5:57 pm
This is also very similar to the reaction that GOT season 8 got
This got unanimous critical acclaim, GOT S8 did not, it was quite criticized by critics as well. Not a good comparison. This is much more comparable to The Last Jedi.