The Last of Us - It can't be for nothing (Part II announced)

A place to discuss music and video games.
m4st4 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 4:32 am
Numbers wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 4:10 am
m4st4 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 1:54 am
What was the toughest challenge in the game for you guys? I was playing on Hard and it was definitely... Finish the game for this one:
Rat King under the hospital. Fuck that abomination! Intense as fuck. Had to restart several times because of how little ammo I had.
My first playthrough was on normal. I'm a few hours into NG+ on survivor rn.

LATE GAME SPOILERS:
Fuck the Rat King. Holy shit. I expected something bad (so I saved up a bumch of pipe bombs and all my flamethrower ammo) but the RK's design was grotesque as fuck and it scared the crap outta me.
Side note: I stopped listening to music a year or two ago, but this game got me back into Pearl Jam. I've been teaching myself to play "Future Days" on my buddy's guitar.
I actually intend to re-discover Pearl Jam these days too.

Yeah, the model viewer really brings out the best (and the worst) in these enemy designs.

Somehow, in all of this discussion we haven't yet mentioned one particular encounter. Past Seattle Day 3, late into that whole part of the game, uhm...
Uncle T is a goddamned sniper wolf from metal gear! That was too tense. I was affraid to move after Manny died lol. 😅
Tommy was fucking relentless. Every shot was dead on lol.

Such a cool character too.

The only time I said to myself come on, gimme a break.
when he pushed Ellie to go to Santa Barbara, who would've thought he was actually equally toxic after his initial reaction. Perhaps he became toxic in the process, especially after Jessie's death. But anyway gameplay wise what a fight! I couldn't believe the part where you have to dive under the truck and the bullets zig zaging through water. What sort of wizardry is that, Naughty Dog?!

And at that point you already feel bad for Manny. You're fully with Abby as well.

m4st4 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 4:42 am

when he pushed Ellie to go to Santa Barbara, who would've thought he was actually equally toxic after his initial reaction. Perhaps he became toxic in the process, especially after Jessie's death. But anyway gameplay wise what a fight! I couldn't believe the part where you have to dive under the truck and the bullets zig zaging through water. What sort of wizardry is that, Naughty Dog?!

And at that point you already feel bad for Manny. You're fully with Abby as well.
Can't say I felt bad for Manny (the bitch spat on my boy Joel), but I agree that playing Abby made me empathize with her. Tommy's reaction afterwards was pretty understandable too (THE MAN LOST HIS EYE!).

I love that the game shifted to Santa Barbara, because I live there now and I swear I saw State Street in-game. Pretty cool stuff.

Numbers wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 5:25 am
m4st4 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 4:42 am

Can't say I felt bad for Manny (the bitch spat on my boy Joel), but I agree that playing Abby made me empathize with her. Tommy's reaction afterwards was pretty understandable too (THE MAN LOST HIS EYE!).

I love that the game shifted to Santa Barbara, because I live there now and I swear I saw State Street in-game. Pretty cool stuff.
Oh I loved Santa Barbara setting! Silenced submachine gun is the hype. That whole segment, Ellie reminded me of Sarah Connor. ND really had the time and resources to pull everything off.

Without breaking it down by day/epilogue/wahtever, from the start of day 6 to the end of the game (credits rolling), roughly how many hours is it?

I'm debating whether I should do it in one sitting or not.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 1:22 pm
Without breaking it down by day/epilogue/wahtever, from the start of day 6 to the end of the game (credits rolling), roughly how many hours is it?

I'm debating whether I should do it in one sitting or not.

-Vader
My suggestion, finish day six, then finish the game after a break, day after, or after a couple of hours of rest. You'll know when you get to a final final stretch. There's still lots to go.

I believe it took me around six-seven hours or so to do all of that, with one half an hour pause to eat lol. Final number was 30?

That may well be what I do then. Thanks m4. This is one of my favorite experiences in gaming period, happy to experience it with you fine folks. And prince, albeit mostly elsewhere.

-Vader

Ok so it downloaded around 26 GB and I can already play it, but when does the rest of the gb get installed? Right now it's just downloading some kind of 3 GB patch.

Vader182 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 1:43 pm
That may well be what I do then. Thanks m4. This is one of my favorite experiences in gaming period, happy to experience it with you fine folks. And prince, albeit mostly elsewhere.

-Vader
Happy to share with all of you as well. And my zoom conference suggestion stands. When everybody finishes the game that is. :gonf:
slevin_77 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 2:01 pm
Ok so it downloaded around 26 GB and I can already play it, but when does the rest of the gb get installed? Right now it's just downloading some kind of 3 GB patch.
It should most definitely download everything, after it downloads the first segment, it should just continue, it only means you can start playing now? Curious...

m4st4 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 2:21 pm
Vader182 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 1:43 pm

-Vader
Happy to share with all of you as well. And my zoom conference suggestion stands. When everybody finishes the game that is. :gonf:
slevin_77 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 2:01 pm
It should most definitely download everything, after it downloads the first segment, it should just continue, it only means you can start playing now? Curious...
I mean I put on the data disc which downloaded those 26 gb, then I insert the main one and was already available to play it, I thought I had to install the whole rest. From what I seen in some websites it's the normal thing to happen, but I don't know where the rest of the fucking game is installing.