The Last of Us - It can't be for nothing (Part II announced)

A place to discuss music and video games.
m4st4 wrote:
June 20th, 2020, 2:21 am
Girlfriend reviews already did a Creep cover and it's so cool:

The Radiohead purist in me is conflicted lol

Workbenches are not safe, I repeat, workbenches are NOT safe.

Closing in on the eighth hour and somehow forgot it's not a twenty hour game, it's a thirty hour game. I'm not even 1/3 through it and already feels like quite a voyage through South American foresty/rainy landscape.

SunhiLegend already started directing some gif mayhem:

Hey

Hey

Do you ever wonder if that Dawn of the Wolf movie was good?

prince0gotham wrote:
June 20th, 2020, 5:20 am
Hey

Hey

Do you ever wonder if that Dawn of the Wolf movie was good?
I heard D4WN of THE WLF is even better. Who knew they had it in them after a trilogy.

I mean imagine if in 30 years people scavenge around our cities passing by TENET posters everywhere with this corona thing

prince0gotham wrote:
June 20th, 2020, 6:43 am
I mean imagine if in 30 years people scavenge around our cities passing by TENET posters everywhere with this corona thing
If corona mutated into ebola sized killer (50% mortality) we'd live The Last of Us in couple of months. Quarantine zones, curfews, outbreaks, violence, ganging up... Each group on its own. I have no doubt in my mind. Combine what's happening in US these days, for example, and add a pandemic like that... Humanity would show its true colors.

Perhaps that is why I always found this world so endlessly fascinating. It paints the apocalyptic environment like that in delicate details, it's both terrifying and fascinating to analyse.

I just walked past the How to wash your hand in six steps poster in Part II. And measures and procedures during pandemic. Like, are you kidding me.

We in early next gen boyz.

Look all the way through. This is insane.

This game is uh, pretty good... definitely didn’t cry within the first hour or anything..... :?

m4st4 wrote:
June 20th, 2020, 9:28 am
We in early next gen boyz.

Look all the way through. This is insane.
Btw I noticed something like this in the gameplays a few weeks back and it blew me away but it was much more subtle. In the clip a dog was either given an order or heard a sound, dont remember, anyway the dog turns around and its leash behaved so realistically, it was obviously a separate object and it was programmed to not collide/clip through the dog's ears or head. Actually i even think the dog moves its ears back so that the leash would shift from one side of its head to the other. Only later I also saw clips of the rope puzzles...

To be fair this was present in very similar form in RDR2, you could do all kindsa tricks with the lasso there where it would collide and not clip through stuff like poles, theres plenty of shenanigans with that on youtube.