The Last of Us - It can't be for nothing (Part II announced)

A place to discuss music and video games.
Reviews are expectedly great, but this one teared me up a bit.

This hits hard man. This guy recorded his reaction to realizing just how many accessibility settings there are in the game.

Respect this guy a lot.

I love skill up but no

prince0gotham wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 4:36 pm
I love skill up but no
Dude does a way better at explaining his thoughts than half the reviewers giving it perfect scores though.

is it fun to be a contrarian and post one of the only negative reviews for TLOUII on the entire internet or no

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 4:51 pm
is it fun to be a contrarian and post one of the only negative reviews for TLOUII on the entire internet or no

-Vader
There will be more lmao. And I think posting that review is more legitimate than posting anything from IGN or GameSpot.

Yeah as if the game journalism space is divided in two - skill up and GS/IGN. And as if any of us here take GS/IGN seriously in the first place.

Also, GS gave it a lower score than most, so...

As I said, skill up is pretty great, have followed him for years but he did already just upload a late review about TLOU Part I explaining his issues with that. I know him well enough to know he's not just throwing hate on the game for no reason, surely he has some reasons, but it's also clear we're dealing with a stance towards TLOU that's unpopular to begin with, but I see you might already be into the whole "unpopular-good, popular-bad" dichotomy thing going around right now within game journalism discourse.

Bacon wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 4:26 pm

Respect this guy a lot.
You respect gamergate too? I used to give this guy clicks. Gamespot gave it 8 by the way. :lol: Since you're mentioning. But gotta love that clickbait thumbnail from skillup, oh boy. He knew exactly what sort of public will give him the clicks.
Bacon wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 4:43 pm
prince0gotham wrote:
June 12th, 2020, 4:36 pm
I love skill up but no
Dude does a way better at explaining his thoughts than half the reviewers giving it perfect scores though.
Cool. Show me the half that you think had a nuance? I posted one above.

But I see this mentality on ERA with some members too, 96 metacritic but you know what, those four contrarians? They say exactly what I feared. Okay, cool, it's a free world, play something else then. Not every game is for everybody and Neil specifically said this game won't be for everybody. Now here's another perspective from a guy who also saw the leaks. Perhaps not as nuanced, but honest at least.

He currently has 1k dislikes from the folks who can't stand the fact that he loved it despite the leaks. That the great majority loves it and that it is currently the best rated PS4 exclusive, sitting only behind GTAV and RDR2. But sure, Bacon, 'from IGN... And, uhm, Gamespot'.

Aaanyway, wanted to squeeze in Ratchet PS4 or even Resi VII before this, but postponed it for July, before Tsushima, or even after.

Survivor difficulty review, one of the better ones out there, no spoilers since footage was provided by ND.