The Last of Us - It can't be for nothing (Part II announced)

A place to discuss music and video games.
Good for people who think couple of synopsis dots stitched together can tell them how good the ultimate experience of playing the game is, I don't and intend to experience it for myself the first time, then judge it.

m4st4 wrote:
May 2nd, 2020, 5:52 pm
Good for people who think couple of synopsis dots stitched together can tell them how good the ultimate experience of playing the game is, I don't and intend to experience it for myself the first time, then judge it.

As I have said many times, make your own judgements while experiencing the art yourself. Frankly, it's disrespectful to the artists to do anything else and will damage your own enjoyment anyway.

-Vader

Accidentally had some spoiled for me, and while what I read makes me nervous, Druckmann has more than earned the benefit of the doubt. Still went ahead and preordered.

My plans for this game from now on.

-watch the final trailer, probably couple of times
-watch non spoiler reviews from ACG, Easy Allies and SkillUp, that's enough
-take my sweet time with every level, first on Normal, try to notice as many details while I experience it for the first time

By the time I'm finished, these 'shocking plot points' will be mere drips in my overall experience, I shall continue playing on other difficulties to get the trophies while immersing myself in analysis videos from the channels I trust and care about.

Needless to say TLOU is my favorite game of all time and I'm past the initial disappointment about the leaks, now I just feel sad for the people who are going out of their way to spoil the excitement for other people. Imagine being that person, taking pleasure in that sort of thing.

m4st4 wrote:
May 3rd, 2020, 3:02 am
Needless to say TLOU is my favorite game of all time and I'm past the initial disappointment about the leaks, now I just feel sad for the people who are going out of their way to spoil the excitement for other people. Imagine being that person, taking pleasure in that sort of thing.
Same. No game has meant more to me than the original. I kinda understand why a "disgruntled employee" might've done this due to the crunch time, but at the same time, I think it's extremely selfish and I feel bad for their colleagues who all must've put their hearts and souls into the game.

As for the people spoiling just for the sake of spoiling, they can go fuck themselves.

Numbers wrote:
May 3rd, 2020, 3:28 am
m4st4 wrote:
May 3rd, 2020, 3:02 am
Same. No game has meant more to me than the original. I kinda understand why a "disgruntled employee" might've done this due to the crunch time, but at the same time, I think it's extremely selfish and I feel bad for their colleagues who all must've put their hearts and souls into the game.

As for the people spoiling just for the sake of spoiling, they can go fuck themselves.
Sony issued an official statement saying they found those responsible and are currently taking legal actions, weren't from either Sony or ND. I'm guessing working from home and translation issues didn't help their safety.

Holy shit, some new info!

Hackers found security leak in a previous ND game patch and used it to access TLOU 2 servers! Not only that, ND employees were actually extra paid due to work from home and covid situation, thank god.

I keep thinking that if The Wire was released today it'd be written off as too radically woke, same thing happening here

prince0gotham wrote:
May 3rd, 2020, 11:38 am
I keep thinking that if The Wire was released today it'd be written off as too radically woke, same thing happening here
Bro, how are you holding up?

Also, yes. God I hate the term 'woke'. Stealth racism wrapped in a neat excuse plastic.